RE: [RLC-Action] RNC Seeks Money, Not Advice From Grassroots

  • Adam J. Bernay
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 20, 2006

      I don’t usually get into it like that with those solicitors, since they really don’t work for the party in many cases, they work for a contractor and are not necessarily even Republicans.

      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 21, 2006

        I don’t usually get into it like that with those solicitors, since they really don’t work for the party in many cases, they work for a contractor and are not necessarily even Republicans. -- Adam

        If that's what they're doing, that seems like a pretty stupid way to do business. For one thing, it would give political opponents access to Republican call lists. Those call lists are generally guarded very closely. I know ... I've worked on several Republican campaigns, and it was very difficult to get the state GOP to provide that much needed insider information. And, if I were to land a job soliciting for the Democrats, I can't see myself actually being enthusiastic about parting people with their money. I'd maybe keep dialing the same number to really piss people off. I can't see myself being enthusiastic about the liberal cause at all. In fact, I see myself trying to make Democrats think their party is incompetent and not listening to them at all. Oh, wait, that's what just happened to me! Maybe they are all Democrats after all. ;-)

      • Adam J. Bernay
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 21, 2006

          I don’t think they’re giving jobs to outright Democrats.  In my experience with both telemarketing and Republican workings, these people are mostly disinterested in politics, and are primarily interested in earning a good paycheck.

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 21, 2006
            >I don't think they're giving jobs to outright Democrats. In my
            >experience with both telemarketing and Republican workings, these
            >people are mostly disinterested in politics, and are primarily
            >interested in earning a good paycheck.

            Years ago I worked as a telemarketer for the NRSC, and they hired
            people with only limited regard to their political affiliation, so
            long as they weren't outright, blatant democrats. But the
            telemarketers were very highly supervised and I doubt they could get
            away with any kind of shenaningans. It was also a pretty tedious,
            high-pressure job and there was a hell of a lot of turnover.

            Tasty Thoughts from the Elitist Pig
            http://www.elitistpig.com
          • Alan Turin
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 23, 2006
              I wonder if someone at the RNC measures the negatives they are getting these days? My mother, is a prime example. She has been a Republican since she could vote in 1952. She was livid with Democrats in '00 over Gore trying to steal the election here in Florida. She has completely turned against Bush because of Iraq and she gets tons of calls. She tells the callers that she won't give because of Iraq, Bush's lies, etc.

              If these callers record such data it would be useful to the RNC to know where the discontent is in the GOP.

              If. The biggest little word in the language.

              your most faithful and obedient servant

              Alan Turin

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 23, 2006

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 23, 2006

                  Dave Nalle <dave@...> wrote:
                  >I don't think they're giving jobs to outright Democrats. In my
                  >experience with both telemarketing and Republican workings, these
                  >people are mostly disinterested in politics, and are primarily
                  >interested in earning a good paycheck.

                  Years ago I worked as a telemarketer for the NRSC, and they hired
                  people with only limited regard to their political affiliation, so
                  long as they weren't outright, blatant democrats. But the
                  telemarketers were very highly supervised and I doubt they could get
                  away with any kind of shenaningans. It was also a pretty tedious,
                  high-pressure job and there was a hell of a lot of turnover.

                  Tasty Thoughts from the Elitist Pig
                  http://www.elitistp ig.com

                • DeWalt Alderman
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 23, 2006
                    Lies? Give me a break. People can disagree on whether going to war
                    against Iraq was a good idea or not. But the Bushlied stuff is either
                    naive... or lies.

                    --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Alan Turin <ajnock1976@...> wrote:

                    > I wonder if someone at the RNC measures the negatives they are
                    getting these days? My mother, is a prime example. She has been a
                    Republican since she could vote in 1952. She was livid with Democrats
                    in '00 over Gore trying to steal the election here in Florida. She has
                    completely turned against Bush because of Iraq and she gets tons of
                    calls. She tells the callers that she won't give because of Iraq,
                    Bush's lies, etc.

                    > If these callers record such data it would be useful to the RNC to
                    know where the discontent is in the GOP.

                    > If. The biggest little word in the language.
                    >
                    > your most faithful and obedient servant
                    >
                    > Alan Turin
                    >

                    > Dave Nalle <dave@...> wrote:
                    > >I don't think they're giving jobs to outright Democrats.
                    In my
                    > >experience with both telemarketing and Republican workings, these
                    > >people are mostly disinterested in politics, and are primarily
                    > >interested in earning a good paycheck.
                    >
                    > Years ago I worked as a telemarketer for the NRSC, and they hired
                    > people with only limited regard to their political affiliation, so
                    > long as they weren't outright, blatant democrats. But the
                    > telemarketers were very highly supervised and I doubt they could get
                    > away with any kind of shenaningans. It was also a pretty tedious,
                    > high-pressure job and there was a hell of a lot of turnover.
                    >
                    > Dave
                    > --
                    >
                    > Tasty Thoughts from the Elitist Pig
                    > http://www.elitistpig.com
                    >

                    > ---------------------------------
                    > Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low
                    rates.

                  • Alan Turin
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 24, 2006
                      DeWalt Alderman <oscar98@...> wrote:
                      Lies? Give me a break. People can disagree on whether going to war
                      against Iraq was a good idea or not.
                      But the Bushlied stuff is either naive... or lies.
                      Alan Turin here. Really, of all the things one could say about any politician is that he or she has lied, and be spot on.

                      I can give you this as a proof. Bush's State of the Union Address where he claimed Iraq's Saddam Hussein sought yellowcake from Niger. The whole Valerie Plame affair is derivative---Amb. Wilson was sent to Niger by the USG to find out if the claim was real or not. He found out quickly it was bogus. That information was forwarded to the White House. The evidence was clear---the claim that Saddam Hussein's regime sought yellowcake [the uranium, not the pasty] from Niger was bogus. It never happened.
                      So Bush left it in the State of Union Address. That's not a mistake, that is chosing to take a "juicier" story to use for effect and not worry about the truth. Or put another way to believe in "truthiness," over the truth.
                      In the real world to say something one knows to be untrue is a lie. Bush did so in at least that instance.
                      The bigger question for RLCers should be, "What and how are we going to pick up the smashed up remnants of the GOP after the 8 years of botched leadership and abandonment of limited government principles comes to a final end in '08?"
                      your most faithful and obedient servant
                      Alan Turin

                      .

                    • Thomas Sewell
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 24, 2006
                        This is getting way off-topic for RLC-Action. Please take the "Bush Lied or Not" discussion to RLC-Discuss or elsewhere.

                        Thanks,

                        Thomas
                        A friendly moderator
                      • Adam J. Bernay
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 24, 2006
                          Yet more proof that there are people on these lists who get their “news”
                          exclusively from the mainstream media, which lies about that which they
                          don’t like.

                          First off, Joe Wilson was not an ambassador. Virtually his entire career
                          was spent as a background admin guy in our embassies, primarily concerned
                          with issues like if there was toilet paper was available. Based on being
                          left in charge because he was number two in a two-person "diplomatic
                          mission" to the Hussein Regime when it invaded Iraq, he has spun a whole lie
                          of being an "ambassador."

                          Secondly, "the US Government" did not send Wilson to Niger. His wife, a CIA
                          official (not a spy), "sent him" -- more to get his unemployed butt out of
                          the house for awhile -- on an unpaid trip to scout around. He had no
                          ability to discern anything. And the Brits -- from whom we got the
                          yellowcake information -- still stands by it.

                          Joe Wilson is a total crank.

[...]

                          Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates
                          starting at 1¢/min.
                        • Alan Turin
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 24, 2006
                            As you have said, so shall it be done.

                            New thread: What is the best way for the RLC to be "the catcher in the awry" [sorry] after this falls' elections?

                          • jonhenke@comcast.net
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 5, 2006
                              Garbage clean up:

                              "First off, Joe Wilson was not an ambassador."

                              ---Yeah, he was. He was appointed by Bush 41 as an ambassador to Gabon and S�o Tom� and Pr�ncipe.

                              "Virtually his entire careerwas spent as a background admin guy in our embassies, primarily concerned with issues like if there was toilet paper was available."

                              ----Wilson also helped direct Africa Policy for the Clinton administration's NSA. And he was praised by Bush 41 for standing up to Hussein and helping protect hundreds of US citizens:

                              "He was hailed as "truly inspiring" and "courageous" by George H. W. Bush after sheltering more than one hundred Americans at the embassy, despite Saddam Hussein's threats to execute anyone who refused to hand over foreigners. As a result, in 1990, he also became the last American diplomat to meet with Saddam Hussein (Wilson, 2003). When Saddam sent a note to Wilson (along with other embassy heads in Iraq) threatening to execute anyone sheltering foreigners in Iraq, Wilson publicly repudiated the dictator by showing up to a press conference wearing a homemade noose around his neck. Saddam offered a public apology for the diplomatic note."

                              http://www.answers.com/topic/joseph-c-wilson

                              "Secondly, "the US Government" did not send Wilson to Niger. His wife, a CIA
                              official (not a spy), "sent him" -- more to get his unemployed butt out of
                              the house for awhile -- on an unpaid trip to scout around."

                              ----Wilson's wife suggested his name. She neither "sent him", nor had the authority to "send him". He was sent by CIA authorities.

                              There's a lot of problems to be had with Wilson, but you've just made up a story out of thin air.

                              --
                              --Jon Henke--
                              http://www.qando.net