Re: The mighty 'libertarian REPUBLICAN' sticker

  • Philip Blumel
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2006
      No, I don't think so. When you are at a Republican Club or a
      Republican event, people don't associate a sticker that
      says 'libertarian REPUBLICAN' with the LP. Try it and you'll see. I
      do it all the time. Just last weekend I attended the state convention
      of the Young Republicans in Florida.

      Plus, a great number of libertarian-leaning Republicans know they are
      libertarian-leaning Republicans and when they -- our absolute best
      prospects by far -- see the stickers, their faces light up. If we
      turn off some anti-libertarian Republicans, that is a shame but they
      aren't really our target market anyway, are they?

      I believe the use of the word 'libertarian' is essential to our
      success. The RLC of Florida uses it on anything we publish, including
      our website, stickers, WSPQ, press releases, etc. Even our envelopes
      are emblazoned on the outside with 'Are YOU a libertarian REPUBLICAN?'

      -- Philip Blumel, www.rlcfl.org

      --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Dave Nalle <dave@...> wrote:

      > >I could use that if I was going to be in Florida, or
      > >if I had access to one of Acrobats many expensive
      > >programs beyond their readers. Any chance of getting
      > >something like that with the national web site - and
      > >maybe the new logo (without the slogan :-) by
      > >tomorrow?
      >
      > We ought to make it 'Liberty Republican' rather than 'libertarian
      > republican' to make clear the difference from the Libertarian Party.
      >
      > Dave
      > --
      >
      > Tasty Thoughts from the Elitist Pig
      > http://www.elitistpig.com

    • Ray Holtorf
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 14, 2006
        I agree - liberty Republican is not descriptive
        enough.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/PdSolB/TM

        http://mail.yahoo.com