The mighty 'libertarian REPUBLICAN' sticker

  • Philip Blumel
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2006
      Almost better than the WSPQ booth for outreach is the simple act of
      attending mainstream Republican meetings and events wearing the RLC's
      tasteful white on blue 'libertarian REPUBLICAN' stickers.

      This sticker invites people to talk to you about the RLC and is
      received positively. I always recommend new RLCers join and attend
      established local GOP clubs instead of starting their own RLC groups,
      meeting separately.

      Here's the sticker: http://www.rlcfl.org/rlcfl_button.pdf

      -- Philip Blumel
    • Ray Holtorf
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 2006
        I could use that if I was going to be in Florida, or
        if I had access to one of Acrobats many expensive
        programs beyond their readers. Any chance of getting
        something like that with the national web site - and
        maybe the new logo (without the slogan :-) by
        tomorrow?

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/PdSolB/TM

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 13, 2006
          >I could use that if I was going to be in Florida, or
          >if I had access to one of Acrobats many expensive
          >programs beyond their readers. Any chance of getting
          >something like that with the national web site - and
          >maybe the new logo (without the slogan :-) by
          >tomorrow?

          We ought to make it 'Liberty Republican' rather than 'libertarian
          republican' to make clear the difference from the Libertarian Party.

          Tasty Thoughts from the Elitist Pig
          http://www.elitistpig.com
        • Philip Blumel
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 13, 2006
            No, I don't think so. When you are at a Republican Club or a
            Republican event, people don't associate a sticker that
            says 'libertarian REPUBLICAN' with the LP. Try it and you'll see. I
            do it all the time. Just last weekend I attended the state convention
            of the Young Republicans in Florida.

            Plus, a great number of libertarian-leaning Republicans know they are
            libertarian-leaning Republicans and when they -- our absolute best
            prospects by far -- see the stickers, their faces light up. If we
            turn off some anti-libertarian Republicans, that is a shame but they
            aren't really our target market anyway, are they?

            I believe the use of the word 'libertarian' is essential to our
            success. The RLC of Florida uses it on anything we publish, including
            our website, stickers, WSPQ, press releases, etc. Even our envelopes
            are emblazoned on the outside with 'Are YOU a libertarian REPUBLICAN?'

            -- Philip Blumel, www.rlcfl.org

            --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Dave Nalle <dave@...> wrote:

            > >I could use that if I was going to be in Florida, or
            > >if I had access to one of Acrobats many expensive
            > >programs beyond their readers. Any chance of getting
            > >something like that with the national web site - and
            > >maybe the new logo (without the slogan :-) by
            > >tomorrow?
            >
            > We ought to make it 'Liberty Republican' rather than 'libertarian
            > republican' to make clear the difference from the Libertarian Party.
            >
            > Dave
            > --
            >
            > Tasty Thoughts from the Elitist Pig
            > http://www.elitistpig.com

          • Ray Holtorf
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 14, 2006
              I agree - liberty Republican is not descriptive
              enough.

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/PdSolB/TM

              http://mail.yahoo.com