WSPQ success story

  • Philip Blumel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006
      Friends,

      Recently the electronic version of the World's Smallest Political Quiz
      landed in the e-mail box of a fellow financial advisor (and active
      Republican) working in my office. He took the quiz and
      scored 'libertarian,' which came as a complete surprise to him. He
      knew I leaned that direction, so he proudly showed me the WSPQ results.

      A couple of weeks later, he was incensed about some GOP betrayal of
      basic limited government principle and (jokingly) said he was "this
      close" to quitting the GOP and joining the Libertarian Party. I told
      him the answer was to join the libertarian faction of the GOP. He was
      handed a RLC application and joined on the spot.

      The WSPQ - and the word 'libertarian' -- works. Once a Republican self-
      identifies as a libertarian, joining a libertarian Republican
      organization is a no-brainer.

      -- Philip Blumel, www.rlcfl.org
    • Miguel Francisco
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006
        Certainly was my experience.  I was fed up with the "politics as usual" and I was looking for a third party.  Nah not that one, nope, hmmm what's this Republican Liberty Caucus?  Yup, joined up like that.

        Michael Zimny

        Philip Blumel <pblumel@...> wrote:
[...]

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • rlcmcallen
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006
          I agree. We gave the quiz to close to 400 participants at the just
          concluded Republican State Convention in San Antonio. I'm tabulating
          the results right now, and there were quite a few inquiries and some
          joined.

          Here's what bothers me, and I certainly count myself among those I'm
          criticizing: we have a method that works, a message that resonates and
          a large body of prospects, and yet we number in the hundreds instead
          of the hundreds of thousands. We should spend less time talking among
          ourselves and more time doing. We should be bolder, more confident and
          agressive. There should be hundreds of thousands of RLC members.

          I hope we're not afraid of what success would bring to the organization.

          --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Miguel Francisco

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 9, 2006
            --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, "rlcmcallen" <pankratz@...> wrote:
            > Here's what bothers me, and I certainly count myself among those I'm
            > criticizing: we have a method that works, a message that resonates
            and
            > a large body of prospects, and yet we number in the hundreds instead
            > of the hundreds of thousands. We should spend less time talking
            among
            > ourselves and more time doing. We should be bolder, more confident
            and
            > agressive. There should be hundreds of thousands of RLC members.

            Excellent point. You are not part of what you are criticizing if you
            are out there manning RLC booths. I think the National RLC has to
            provide some basic infrastructure to help the states attract and then
            maintain these new members, such as an updated website and newsletter.
            But most importantly, RLCers across the country have to do more of
            what the Texas and Florida RLC are doing. Revolutions are not won in
            chat rooms.

            -- Philip Blumel, www.rlcfl.org