Marketing the RLC

  • AULibertarians@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2006
      This is forwarded from the Florida RLC list-serve.  This is EXCELLENT.  Members were asked how to market libertarianism in conjunction with the RLC in a two minute soundbite for TV or radio.  Alan Turin responded as follows:

      --

      We of the Republican Liberty Caucus look for the most libertarian [pause for effect] the most pro-freedom, government limiting candidate within the Republican party and support him or her with publicity, volunteers and money. [Pause and smile---] Money is a distant third.

      Call us the Ron Paul-Ronald Reagan-Robert Taft-Howard Buffett wing of today's Republican party.

      The reason Americans gave the Congress to the GOP in 1994, the reason Ronald Reagan was elected twice by landslides was to drastically scale back government, particularly the federal government from regulating our work and businesses, taxing our efforts, snooping into our lives.

      To achieve this, we need your help. Too often getting into governmental power means being corrupted by power. That's why we fought the recent battle to keep term limits over what the politicians were trying to sneak past us. Again.

      [Look directly into the camera for this]. If you want to vote for a real change, to achieve what Americans were trying to achieve voting for Ronald Reagan or with the Contract for America do this [pause] call 1-RLC LIBERTY or 1-866-752-5423. Online we are at www.rlc.org.

      Again. To repeat. We of the Republican Liberty Caucus look for the most libertarian [pause] the most pro-freedom, government-limiting candidate within the Republican party and support him or her with publicity, volunteers and, at a distant third, money.

      Help make that difference and call us right now at 1-RLC LIBERTY---1-866-752-5423.

      The Republican Liberty Caucus: Leadership for a Free America.
      --

      Sincerely,
      ... Aaron Biterman

      Americans for Limited Government