Successful RLC lobbying in Florida

  • Philip Blumel
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2006
      2006 Legislative Priorities:
      RLCers Win on Property Rights, Term Limits

      After months of letter writing, public speaking, phone calls, visits
      to Tallahassee, media work and intra-party intrigue, the RLC of
      Florida finished batting 1.000 in its first serious legislative
      lobbying effort since the organization was re-chartered in 2004.

      "Our experience during the 2006 session is evidence that the RLC's
      principled and practical strategy is the right one to advance
      libertarian policy," said RLCFL Chair Lisa Bullion. "The RLC took a
      lead role in two important issues of the day and our efforts were
      rewarded."

      The RLC of Florida chose two legislative priorities for the 2006
      session. The first was advocating a state ban on government takings
      of private property for private redevelopment and the second was
      defeating a legislative effort to extend Florida's voter-approved
      term limits from eight to 12 years. Both were successful.

      For the full story, see: www.rlcfl.org