Re: RLC Website Redesign

  • ragnarokpress
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13 2:13 PM
      Just for practice - and as a dry run for redesigning my own blog - I worked up a potential
      redesign for the RLC website. If nothing else it might be a source of ideas, but if there is
      interest in developing it further that's an option too. Anyone who's interested can check it
      out at http://www.fontcraft.com/rlctest

      It is based on the WordPress engine with custom CSS and PHP templates I designed for it,
      plus a few custom graphics. It has the potential to offer blog-style entries, message
      forums, static articles and reference material, member database information and even
      automated email notification lists, though not all of that is implemented yet. I could also
      interface it with an online shopping system pretty easily so people could join the RLC
      online - something that I think is essential for the future. I also included a small shopping
      section linked through the Amazon affiliate program. Affiliate programs are something
      the RLC ought to be taking advantage of as a fundraising tool.

      Dave

      BTW, I'm having problems with sending and receiving from the various RLC yahoo groups.
      Anyone else suffering as well?