Ideal Quote for LiberGraph

    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2006
      "You and I are told we must choose between a left or a right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream: the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order, or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism." —President Ronald Reagan, as printed in The Patriot Post, May 5, 2006.

      This is an ideal quote to place beside the Nolan Chart, because the Nolan Chart is presented as a diamond rather than a square. Perhaps we should rotate the LiberGraph 45 degrees to match the orientation of the Nolan Chart, and then use this quote wherever we use the LiberGraph. It is especially poignant when we consider that the Nolan chart/LiberGraph makes the old Left/Right linear political continuum obsolete -- "there is no such thing as a left or right"; there is a two-dimensional matrix. And up to "maximum individual freedom" is up to the libertarian pinnacle, while down takes you to the pits of totalitarianism. Sadly, Minnesota has the unenviable distinction of being home to the biggest totalitarian in Congress -- Senator Mark Dayton (D-MN). Dayton achieved the lowest score of all: P:26 E:0 C: 13.2. At least he isn't running for a second term; perhaps he feels embarrassment by his own performance.