Re: RE: 2008 Presidential Endorsement

    Message 1 of 12 , May 3, 2006
      From: "Jeff Palmer" <jap@...>
      > My money's on Virginia's Dick Allen to win ...

      Another serious candidate who many members
      like is Sen. Chuck Hagel, but prospects for those
      with only legislative history is pretty dismal.
      Others who have good LI ratings, but may not
      be acceptable to members, are Sam Brownback
      and Rick Santorum.

      > I believe the Draft Sanford movement went into
      > hibernation when Sanford explicitly said he wouldn't
      > run due to his commitment as governor.

      Correct. The Board had authorized me to put
      together a 'Draft Sanford' website, but the project
      was abandoned when he clearly denied any intent
      to abandon his gubernatorial term (maybe 2012?).
      Note: An RLC Presidential endorsement is a
      difficult task, since all 15 Charter states have to
      approve the choice.