IMMIGRATION REFORM MARCH

  • acihouse
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2006
      This came to me in an email and I am posting this as an FYI for
      anyone interested in immigration reform. I know this is a hot button
      issue for some people and regardless of what the RLC position is (or
      your own position) it's good to know what's going on.

      Dear Community Organization, Activists, and Leaders:

      Below (and attached) is a letter and request for support from
      community organizations, churches and elected officials. We want
      your support and hope that you endorse our march and rally in
      support of real comprehensive immigration reform and help us spread
      the word.

      Christine Jones

      Christine Jones
      Head Organizer
      Palm Beach County ACORN
      561-707-2953 cell
      561-533-5556 office

      The Immigrant Rights Coalition of Palm Beach County

      Dear Community Organization, Activists, and Leaders:

      The Immigrant Rights Coalition of Palm Beach County that includes
      organizations, churches and elected officials from Palm Beach County
      Florida, are coming together for a March and Rally for Fair
      Immigration Reform at Lake Worth city hall on Monday April 10 from
      10:00 am- 2:00 pm.
      This rally will occur in conjunction with 100s of rallies across the
      nation as part of the "National Day of Action for Immigrant Justice".
      Across the country, immigrant communities and allies will be part of
      the largest mobilization for immigrant justice in our nation's
      history.

      The US Congress is on the verge of passing an immoral and dangerous
      immigration law that would make our nation's immigration issues
      worse, not better. Our goal is to stop anti-immigration legislation
      from becoming law (like the Sensenbrenner-King bill or the Cornyn-
      Kyl bill) and to support the passage of real comprehensive
      immigration reform (like the McCain-Kennedy bill) that
      provides a path to earned citizenship, unites families, and ensures
      workplace
      and civil rights protections for all.

      Immigrant Rights Coalition members include: Alianza Hispana,
      Almaven, Asi Es Mi Peru, Asociacion Uruguaya, Association of
      Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), Centro Cultural
      Latino Americano, Centro Paraquayo, Comite Acateco Maya K'anjobal,
      Haitian Citizen United Taskforce, Honduran Community Center,
      Lake Worth Global Justice Group, Nicaraguan Association,
      Organizacion Boliviana, Organizacion Maya Quetzal, Organizacion
      Mexicana Xochitl, Organization of Maya People in Exile, Radio 1190
      AM, Semilla Boliviana, St. J├ęsus de Croix Episcopal
      Church, and many more.

      To ensure that we have a mass turnout at the march/rally, we need as
      many organizations, churches and elected leaders to endorse this
      event and spread the word.

      To endorse, please fill out the form below and email to
      flacornpbro2@...
      or fax back to
      561-533-5556 as soon as possible.

      Yes, our organization/ church/ elected official,
      supports the rally on April 10 and supports real comprehensive
      immigration
      reform.

      We are willing to:

      -Put a notice in our newsletter
      -Make an announcement to our membership, congregation, etc -Get
      flyers out
      -Provide a speaker at the rally -Other

      Contact information: