Re: [RLC-Action] Digest Number 245

  • TG
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21 5:16 PM
      At 16:46 2006-03-21, Dave Nalle wrote:

      >but his 'rebuttals' of
      >many basic libertarian ideas are more denials than rebuttals.

      Not to mention straw-man arguments. I didn't see many "libertarian"
      positions at all there. At least not the way that I'd present
      them. And like a lot of ignoranti, he confuses "small l"
      libertarianism with "big O" Objectivism.

      --Terence Geoghegan

      "For more than six hundred years--that is, since Magna Carta, in
      1215--there has been no clearer principle of English or American
      constitutional law, than that, in criminal cases, it is not only the
      right and duty of juries to judge what are the facts, what is the
      law, and what was the moral intent of the accused; but that it is
      also their right, and their primary and paramount duty, to judge the
      justice of the law, and to hold all laws invalid, that are, in their
      opinion, unjust or oppressive, and all persons guiltless in
      violating, or resisting the execution of, such laws."
      --Lysander Spooner, An Essay on the Trial by Jury