RE: [RLC-Action] FW: Google Alert - Mark Sanford

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2006
      Message
      We have *not* endorsed Mark Sanford for president (though many of us had preliminarily identified him as the early favorite) and he is not running.  That said, it seems consistent with libertarian principles to prefer a sales tax over the alternative of an abominable [excuse my language] income tax.  The following reference to Sanford from your attached article...

      "Sanford said he's generally opposed to raising taxes, but a cigarette-tax increase could be offset by a tax decrease elsewhere, like property or income tax."

      ... does not seem to justify the apparent tone of condemnation which it precipitated.

      Recall that Gov. Sanford's Liberty Index ratings while in Congress were exceeded only by the likes of Jeff Flake and Ron Paul.

      Jeff Palmer - jap@...
       * * *
      Quote of the Week:  “The privacy of citizens, and of their correspondence, telephone conversations, and telegraphic communications is protected by law
      . — Article 56, Constitution of the Soviet Union

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2006
        Sanford is NOT running for President - that means that
        criticizing his discussed endorsement on the "Action"
        forum is inappropriate - and stranger yet is that you
        did not post to your own group - republitarians!

        Second, since we (that is the Adam "we") are
        castigating one of the best real world examples of a
        politician this country has currently elected, I hope
        you have the PERFECT alternative for us to adopt - one
        who has ABSOLUTELY NO objections from anyone.

        Ray

        --- Adam J Bernay <Republican-Liberty@...>

        <http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/story/5520888p-4973692c.html>

        <http://www.google.com/alerts/remove?s=49e78f5454105ab8&hl=en>