Mark Sanford is still a libertarian ...

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2006
          Although we're disappointed that Sanford has taken
      himself out of the 2008 Presidential sweeps, we should
      be very pleased with our continued endorsement of him
      and his policies.

      Mark Sanford is not a communist
      The State - Columbia,SC,USA
      Mark Sanford at a pre-speech briefing on his State of the State address Wednesday. "... ... Make no mistake: Mark Sanford is still a libertarian to his core. ...
      http://www.thestate.com/mld/state/news/opinion/13683066.htm
    • John Pankratz
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2006
        I agree. The article also explains why people can respect us but have
        reservations about our proposals.

        "And yet, he proposes to undermine the central deliberative principle
        underlying the republican form of government devised by our nation’s
        Founders."

        How do we gain more followers and avoid such skepticism?

        westmiller@... wrote:

        > Although we're disappointed that Sanford has taken
        > himself out of the 2008 Presidential sweeps, we should
        > be very pleased with our continued endorsement of him
        > and his policies.
        > Mark Sanford is not a communist
        > The State - Columbia,SC,USA
        > Mark Sanford at a pre-speech briefing on his State of the State
        > address Wednesday. "... ... Make no mistake: Mark Sanford is still a
        > libertarian to his core. ...
        > http://www.thestate.com/mld/state/news/opinion/13683066.htm

        Freedom is not measured by the ability to vote. It is measured by the breath of those things on which we do not vote.
        ..... John T. Wenders http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~jwenders/

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2006
          > Although we're disappointed that Sanford has taken
          >himself out of the 2008 Presidential sweeps, we should
          >be very pleased with our continued endorsement of him
          >and his policies.

          Out of curiosity, do you by any chance have a link to any statement from
          Sanford regarding his decision not to run in 2008? I'd be curious to see
          if he gave any reasons or assessment of the campaign.

          Tasty Thoughts from the Elitist Pig
          http://www.elitistpig.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 26, 2006
            FROM: dave@...
            > Out of curiosity, do you by any chance have a link
            > to any statement from Sanford regarding his decision
            > not to run in 2008?

            There have been several, of increasing insistence.
            Essentially, he can't campaign for Governor with the
            expectation that he'll devote half of his term to a
            Presidential campaign (maybe 2010?).
            However, he has explicitly promised *not* to run
            for President in 2008. You can find his statements
            on the eGroup: