Re: The dirty L-word

  • greenspj
    Message 1 of 55 , Jan 22, 2006
      I can only repeat what I have read.

      And that is Condon in support of expansion of federal power,
      national, and the abrogation of all constitutional
      conservative/pro-liberty principles in order to win.

      I think that indicates the presence of a neocon. Tim?

      --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, tim condon <tim@t...> wrote:

      > Let's ask Jeff, Guy and David what *they* think. Heh. ---Tim Condon
      >

      > On 1/22/06, John Pankratz <pankratz@r...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Materialistic, oligarchic, imperialistic expansionism is incompatible
      > > with liberty. Try the shoe and see if it fits. If nobody here wears
      > > that size, then maybe I was unduly pessimistic.
      > >
      > > tim condon wrote:
      > >
      > > > "Neocon influence in the RLC"? Really? Where? Who? I've seen
      plenty of
      > > > people sling it around as an epithet for name-calling purposes,
      but I
      > > > don't think I've ever met a real "neocon" in the RLC. Could you
      > > > elucidate, John? ---Tim Condon
      > > >

      > > --
      > > Freedom is not measured by the ability to vote. It is measured by the
      > > breath of those things on which we do not vote.
      > > ..... John T. Wenders http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~jwenders/
      > >

      > > --
      1/20/2006

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Bob Franklin, to Manfred Mancx: "It's about the fab concept. I've
      got a team
      > of my guys doing some prototyping using FabLab hardware, and I think
      we can
      > probably build it. the cargo-cult aspect puts a new spin on the old
      Lunar
      > von Neumann factory idea, but Bingo and Marek say they think it
      should work
      > until we can bootstrap all the way to a native nanolithography
      ecology; we
      > run the whole thing from Earth as a training lab and ship up the
      parts that
      > are too difficult to make on-site as we learn how to do it properly.
      We use
      > FPGAs for all critical electronics and keep it parsimonious---you're
      right
      > about it buying us the self-replicating factory a few years ahead of the
      > robotics curve. But I'm wondering about on-site intelligence. Once
      the comet
      > gets more than a couple of light minutes away---" From the book
      Accelerando,

    • jphodgson@webtv.net
      Message 55 of 55 , Jan 28, 2006
        I absolutely agree with Phillip