891Re: [RLC-Action] "... promote the general welfare, ..."

  • Ray Holtorf
    Sep 1, 2005
      Go to the federalist papers. Madison and Jefferson
      wrote extensively about how they feared the "general
      welfare" clause would be misunderstood,
      misrepresented, and misused. I can't remember exactly
      who insisted it be in there).