      To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com
      From: david@...
      Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 18:49:54 -0700
      Subject: Re: [RLC-Action] FW: Bob Barr Shows Leadership to Unify Liberty Movement

      On Sunday 14 September 2008 03:46:38 pm George Blumel wrote:
      > The post by McLenden belongs on the LP site, not the RLC group. This is
      > not appropriate for a Republican group. What are you thinking? Anything
      > you do to limit support of the Republican ticket is exactly equal to
      > support for the Obama bin Biden ticket.

      On the other hand, slavish devotion to the Republican Party does nothing to
      advance liberty. How can we possibly influence the party leadership when it
      knows we'll roll over and support whatever statist manages to get on the
      ticket? The attitude of "my party right or wrong" has to go. When the party
      is wrong we must not be afraid to tell it is wrong.

      David Johnson