RE: [RI_Ancestors] Black Refugees in Novia Scotia - Free website

  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2013
      You're very welcome.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com [mailto:RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of finnjordan4@...
      Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:32 PM
      To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [RI_Ancestors] Black Refugees in Novia Scotia - Free website

      Very interesting Nancy. I jumped to the site and went to the pictures and with my mouse over different ones they were identified. Amazing the number of people that did come through Canada. I think most people think Ellis Island and the like but Canada sure did import their share.
      Thanks for sharing.
      Mickey

      On 09/24/13, Nancy-Jo Nunez wrote:

      Hello all,

      This morning I had a conversation with one of the matches in my profile from FamilyTreeDNA?she is a Canadian Indian, hope that was politically correct. Anyway, we were discussing Loyalists and perhaps my ancestor headed north as opposed to one of them heading south. To make a long story short, I don?t know much about Loyalist..just never thought about them, but here is a FREE website for those that want to poke around.

      Happy hunting, heck?dig deep.

      Canadian site?;

      http://www.pier21.ca/research/immigration-history/shaping-a-community-black-refugees-in-nova-scotia-0

      Nancy-Jo