RE: Latin

  • miyukichan0987
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2013

      Hi Mickey,

      Thank your friend for me, please.  And thanks to all here for the useful suggestions & help.

      I, too, didn't spot the Bonhomme name anywhere.  I'm thinking because of the "Abnaki" term in there that maybe these were mass baptisms of First Nations peoples.  Or maybe some sort of confirmation records.

      I had some time one evening last week & I think I've found the baptisms I was seeking.   Still in Latin but written in much better penmanship & in a format I can figure out & decipher with the free translation sites.

      Thanks again to all.

      Linda

      --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, <ri_ancestors@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi Linda, I did hear back from our friend of a friend regarding the Latin translation....

      "Good morning Mickey,
      I have perused the records and have not been able to find Joseph Bonhomme. I have encountered some difficulty with the illegibility of some of the writing and the resolution of the document. If you find the specific record for Mr. Bonhomme, please send it to me and I will decipher the Latin. That's not the issue; it's finding the record in the sloppily kept register. ..."

      I don't know what else to suggest other than returning to your source, for this information, and see if they have more knowledge of acquiring what you need.

      Mickey