EDDY wedding announcement

  • bob a
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 25, 2013
      FYI:

      EDDY / JOHNSON wedding announcement can be found in "NEWPORT MERCURY" June 24, 1905 and is posted on Ancestry as well.

      Bob A.

      Port Orange, FL
    • Liz Goldgraber
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 25, 2013
        For years, I have been trying to find the Eddy and Johnson connection.  Which Eddy married which Johnson?  Who were the parents on both sides?  Thanks so much.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
          Hi Liz,

          You're welcome :)

          Sigrid JOHNSON was my grandmother's sister. She married George Alfred EDDY II as outlined below.

          Here's what I have:

          George Alfred EDDY II b. November 3, 1879 - Newport, Newport, RI d. October 13, 1966 - Natick, Middlesex, MA married Sigrid JOHNSON b. March 8, 1882 - Larvik, Vestold, Norway. d. September 3, 1974 - Wayland, Middlesex, MA. Married June 21, 1905. 4 children of which I have info.

          His father: George Alfred Wilbur* EDDY b. July 28, 1850 - Newport, Newport, RI d. 1945 - Newport, Newport, RI. married Fannie S. ELDRED b. abt 1851 - Newport, Newport, RI. d. May 28, 1913 - Newport, Newport, RI. Marriage date unknown.

          * I don't show George Alfred EDDY II as having the Wilbur in his name so I don't know why he's a II

          I have some sketchy information on Fannie's parents but nothing of G.A.W.E.'s They had 6 children of which I have some info.

          I have much information on Sigrid.

          I met both Sigrid and her husband once or twice when I was young and remember them. I also met one of their sons, Nelson. I have more information and some pictures. If you're interested I'll e mail them. I also have a screenshot of the marriage announcement if you're interested.

          I hope this helps.

          Bob A.

          On Aug 26, 2013, at 1:06 AM, Liz Goldgraber wrote:

          > For years, I have been trying to find the Eddy and Johnson connection. Which Eddy married which Johnson? Who were the parents on both sides? Thanks so much.
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Bonnie
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
            There are at least 100 Johnson connections! I own the " Eddy Family in America" book.

            Bonnie

          • bob a
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
              Did my reply to Liz go out ? I'm not sure.

              Bob A.

              On Aug 26, 2013, at 11:38 AM, Bonnie wrote:

              > There are at least 100 Johnson connections! I own the " Eddy Family in America" book.
              >
              > Bonnie

            • Bonnie
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
                Yes Bob, it did
              • Liz Goldgraber
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 27, 2013
                  No, it didn't.
                  Liz

                  ________________________________
                  Did my reply to Liz go out ?  I'm not sure.

                  Bob A.

                  On Aug 26, 2013, at 11:38 AM, Bonnie wrote:

                  > There are at least 100 Johnson connections! I own the " Eddy Family in America" book.
                  >
                  > Bonnie

                • Bonnie
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 27, 2013
                    Hi Bob and Liz

                    The book, page 728, lists George b 3 Nov. 1880 at Newport. (no Wilbur)

                    George Sr. (no Wilbur), page 519, no date for marriage,
                    Children: GeorgeAlfred, 3 Nov. 1880
                    Walter L
                    Gladys E m Raymond Toomey
                    Julia M m George Radford

                    Bertha S m a Sanborn?

                    No birth dates given for the others.

                    Bonnie
                  • bob a
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 27, 2013
                      Thanks Bonnie.

                      George Alfred (11/3/1880) is the guy I remember from the 1950s. He married my grandmother's sister.

                      Bob

                      On Aug 27, 2013, at 12:41 PM, Bonnie wrote:

                      > Hi Bob and Liz
                      >
                      > The book, page 728, lists George b 3 Nov. 1880 at Newport. (no Wilbur)
                      >
                      > George Sr. (no Wilbur), page 519, no date for marriage,
                      > Children: GeorgeAlfred, 3 Nov. 1880
                      > Walter L
                      > Gladys E m Raymond Toomey
                      > Julia M m George Radford
                      >
                      > Bertha S m a Sanborn?
                      >
                      > No birth dates given for the others.
                      >
                      > Bonnie

                    • GClarke88
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 28, 2013
                        From Rhode Island Vital Records by Alden G. Beaman, Vol. 12, Newport Co., Births 1751-1860 From Death & Mrriage Records, A-J.

                        Pg.252

                        Eldred, Frances Stanton, dau. of Job Stanton & Fannie or Nancy (Alger), b. 15 May 1851 Newport -d. 28 May 1913 Newport [md Mr. Eddy] (NeD6:157) (NeM1:167)

                        Eldred, Sarah E., of Job S. & Fanny (Alger) Eldred, b. 30 Apr. 1857 Ne - [d. 16 Sept. 1857 Ne] (NeD4:15)
                        ;
                        Eldred, William T., of Job Stanton & Fanny (Alger) Eldred, b. 6 June 1847 Ne - [d. 26 Nov. 1856 Ne] ; Single. (NeD4:100)

                        Pg. 251

                        Eddy, George Alfred Wilbur, of Joseph Shermn & Julia Ann (Mason?) Eddy, b. 28 July 1850 Ne - d. 26 Ar. 1939 [wid. Fannie Eldridge (sic)] (NeD9:580) (NeM1:67)

                        Eddy, Josph Sherman, of Michael & Sarah, b. 21 Apr. 1827 Ne - d. 23 Mar. 1911 Providence (RID 1911 Pr22)

                        here are four other chidren for Joseph S..

                        Geri Clarke

                        Sigrid JOHNSON was my grandmother's sister. She married George Alfred EDDY II
                        as outlined below.

                        Here's what I have:

                        George Alfred EDDY II b. November 3, 1879 - Newport, Newport, RI d. October
                        13, 1966 - Natick, Middlesex, MA married Sigrid JOHNSON b. March 8, 1882 -
                        Larvik, Vestold, Norway. d. September 3, 1974 - Wayland, Middlesex, MA.
                        Married June 21, 1905. 4 children of which I have info.

                        His father: George Alfred Wilbur* EDDY b. July 28, 1850 - Newport, Newport, RI
                        d. 1945 - Newport, Newport, RI. married Fannie S. ELDRED b. abt 1851 - Newport,
                        Newport, RI. d. May 28, 1913 - Newport, Newport, RI. Marriage date unknown.

                        * I don't show George Alfred EDDY II as having the Wilbur in his name so I don't
                        know why he's a II

                        I have some sketchy information on Fannie's parents but nothing of G.A.W.E.'s
                        They had 6 children of which I have some info.

                        I have much information on Sigrid.

                        I met both Sigrid and her husband once or twice when I was young and remember
                        them. I also met one of their sons, Nelson. I have more information and some
                        pictures. If you're interested I'll e mail them. I also have a screenshot of
                        the marriage announcement if you're interested.

                        I hope this helps.

                        Bob A.

                        On Aug 26, 2013, at 1:06 AM, Liz Goldgraber wrote:

                        > For years, I have been trying to find the Eddy and Johnson connection. Which
                        Eddy married which Johnson? Who were the parents on both sides? Thanks so
                        much.

                        > ________________________________

                        Be sure to check and use the Files, Links, Photos, and Database features on your
                        visits to our RI_Ancestors Web site

                      • bob a
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 29, 2013
                          "Hello Wilbur" ..... so he was really Wilbur after all :)

                          Thanks Geri,

                          I'll sort thru my stuff and update as needed.

                          Once again it's nice that so much help is available on this forum, lots of nice people !

                          Thanks,

                          Bob