RE: [RI_Ancestors] Re: Logee Hill / Georgiaville

  • Linda Peloquin
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 20, 2013
      Occasionally, they finally do. For years the pix of our house was abt. circa 1990 2 colors & 1 roof ago but now there's a recent pix with the color we painted it last summer.

      The 2005 revaluation for N. Providence was really bad. Everyone had a finished basement whether or not they actually did or not. Personally knowing 3 of the houses & what they are in reality vs what the revaluators put them down for in the way of bedrooms, baths, dens, decks, etc. I've got to wonder if they were high or drunk when they came around that time. There were a ton of appeals that time. I think the whole town got done again in the end because it was easier than hearing all the appeals.

      Subject: RE: [RI_Ancestors] Re: Logee Hill / Georgiaville
      To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 10:06 PM

      Here's the designation from the Nat'l
      Historic Register website. It was

      place there in 1982. Unfortunately, the file hasn't been
      digitized yet, so

      no more information than this.

      Hi Linda,

      I don't know what MRA at the end of this line means.

      82000001

      Logee House

      225 Logee St.

      RHODE ISLAND

      Providence

      Woonsocket

      LI

      19821124

      Woonsocket MRA

      I agree that it certainly looks like asphalt shingles - at
      least the part we

      can see from the photos. However it does look like there is
      one of those

      "built in xxxx" signs on the front near the door.

      There is nothing to indicate it is on the National Historic
      register at the

      tax assessor site, so maybe that is why it was able to get
      an asphalt roof

      with no one asking questions?

      Interesting that the tax assessor site says it has a slate
      roof also - makes

      you wonder if anyone actually goes out to see these
      properties... Maybe

      part of roof is still slate?

      Lisa

      From: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com