David Codner and wife, Martha Wilbur

  • nmsue
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2013
      Need help finding information on David and Martha Codner: David appears Feb. 1757 as being part of Capt. Greene's Company in the French and Indian War. Jan. 16, 1763, David marries Martha Wilbur in Exeter, Washington County, RI-married by JP Newman Perkin. Dec. 1768: Witness in Land Evidence record. Feb. 1770, again he was a witness in a Land Evidence record. (The librarian in Providence was unable to find any land records for him.) He appears in the 1774 RI Census: 1 male over 16, 2 males under 16 (sons David Jr.-born 1764 and John-born 1767), 2 females over 16, and 3 females under 16.

      These are the only records I have been able to find.

      Can anyone recommend someone I could hire to search the Exeter Town Records? Thought maybe the Exeter Probate records might be a good start as well as early cemetery records.

      Any help or suggestions appreciated.