Pardon Jencks

  • SANDY JOHANSEN
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 25, 2013
      In the 1850 census looking for William Douglass, I found him incorrectly listed as Willam Danglap. Head of household is William Douglas and wife Mary (Reynolds) and their children.  One child Phoebe Victoria Douglass married a Benjamin Bennett II, in Pawtucket RI, hence my interest in these folks as I look for "my Benjamin Bennett".
      In his household along with wife and children; is a woman {difficult to read name but looks like Sarepta} and her son Pardon Jencks, son of Pardon Jencks, 2nd. according to the census taker.

      A Pardon Jencks, 2nd. and Henry Jencks are living a few doors away. His occupation is fishmonger so perhaps he was out on a fishing trip and wife and youngest child living with friends????

      A lookup on Ancestry for Pardon didn't disclose much, but one family tree interestingly did note that a Pardon Jenks was born to Freelove Douglas and William Jenks.

      Does any of this sound familiar to you?  Possibly Freelove b 1804 was related to the William Douglas b 1799 who was head of the household where Pardon Jenks and mother were living in 1850???