Fw: [RI] Chepachet Free Will Baptist Church, Glocester

  • Gloria Silverman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2013
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Elizabeth Hurd" <beth.hurd@...>
      To: <rigenweb@...>
      Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:20 PM
      Subject: [RI] Chepachet Free Will Baptist Church, Glocester

      > anyone with ancestors who were members of the Chepachet Free Will
      > Baptist Church in Glocester should check out this website, which lists
      > the active members of the church who "helped make Old Home Day" possible
      > each year, going back to 1900 or so ... lots of beautiful antique
      > portraits of Steere, Paine, Sayles, Peckham, Brown, Hopkins, Mann,
      > etc., illustrate the annual lists.
      >
      > http://www.chepachetfreewill.org/attachment-02.htm
      >
      > LIST TOPIC: The discussion, exchange, and research of genealogy and
      > history information pertaining to Rhode Island. Despite the list name,
      > the list topic is not related to GenWeb in any way.
      >
      > Contact the List Admin at rigenweb-admin@..., or to search the
      > list archives or find other useful information to help you use the list
      > more effectively, please click on the following link:
      >
      > http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/other/USGenWeb/RIGENWEB.html
    • Susanna Hough
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2013
        Gloria: Thanks for the link to the Glocester church. My Pollocks were
        in Glocester purportedly in early 1700s so that was way too early for
        this church. Nevertheless, the photos are remarkable. I saw many of
        the same family names in the 1900s listings that were also in the books
        about the 1700s. Fascinating. Thanks for sharing!
      • Gloria Silverman