John (A.?) Underwood

  • Jean Brooks
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2013
      I continue to search for information on John Underwood (born 1713) and his son John (born No. Kingston...although I have never found proof of that...1760).   I saw a 1780 Muster Roll which lists  Duty Underwood     (16) labourer
             John, Jr.   "      (20) labourer, drummer
             Timothy     "      (22) cooper
             John, Sr.   "      (67) carpenter

      I know what became of John, Jr. but do wonder where his Father went.  It was during the Revolutionary War and he would have been nearly 70 yrs. old.  I believe (no proof) that Sr. was last in the Newport area.  Does anyone have any knowledge of this family?   John, Jr. was banished, with wife Mary Pierce, to New Brunswick, due to being a Loyalist. John, Jr. never returned to the USA.   Thanks, for any info or suggestions.  Jean