WEAVER / MacDonald

  • bob a
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2013
      Hello all,

      I'm researching my MacDonald line and have a Matilda (I believe) b. 1839 d. 1868 and marrying a William Lewis WEAVER b.1841, d.1911. Marriage May 17, 1860. Both of Newport.

      Does anyone have any information ?

      Thanks,

      Bob A.

      Port Orange, FL
    • Charlie Carpenter
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2013
        Hi Bob,

        I have a MATILDA MCDONALD b 4-28-1838 Newport d 5-13-1868 Newport NE Death Book 4 page 134 Daughter of Allen and Anna that married a Mr. Weaver. Newport Marr. Book 1 page 43

        I have a WILLIAM LEWIS WEAVER b 1-20-1837 Newport d 5-28-1911 Newport Newport Death Book 6 page 132 son of Thomas C and Eliza H. (Clark) Weaver. Shows marriage in Book 1 page 43.

        William and Matilda share the same book and page in the Marraige record the only difference is Matilda is shown as married to a Weaver

        Beamans Newport Birth and Deaths Records Volume 13

        Charlie C

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2013
          Thanks Charlie. That's them I'm sure. Matilda was my g'grandmother's sister. I'm with you right up to where you say "... the only difference is Matilda is shown married to a Weaver " ..... and the line in the e mail breaks, then picks up Beamans Newport B & D records etc. Is that Weaver Beamans as in a different person ?

          Bob

          On Jun 8, 2013, at 6:54 PM, Charlie Carpenter wrote:

          > Hi Bob,
          >
          > I have a MATILDA MCDONALD b 4-28-1838 Newport d 5-13-1868 Newport NE Death Book 4 page 134 Daughter of Allen and Anna that married a Mr. Weaver. Newport Marr. Book 1 page 43
          >
          > I have a WILLIAM LEWIS WEAVER b 1-20-1837 Newport d 5-28-1911 Newport Newport Death Book 6 page 132 son of Thomas C and Eliza H. (Clark) Weaver. Shows marriage in Book 1 page 43.
          >
          > William and Matilda share the same book and page in the Marraige record the only difference is Matilda is shown as married to a Weaver
          >
          > Beamans Newport Birth and Deaths Records Volume 13
          >
          > Charlie C

        • Charlie Carpenter
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9, 2013
            Bob,

            Ooops, I meant in her section of the marriage in Book 1 page 43 she is
            shown as marrying--?--Weaver. His section shows no spouse. They are both
            buried in Newport Historical Cemetery #003 in section BA 0441. W.L. Weaver
            was also married to Annie Thompson 1847-1922 as his second wife, She and two
            of their daughters are also buried in the same section of the cemetery.

            Source: Newports Burial Grounds by Sterling,Austin and Champion.

            Charlie

            Thanks Charlie. That's them I'm sure. Matilda was my g'grandmother's
            sister. I'm with you right up to where you say "... the only difference is
            Matilda is shown married to a Weaver " ..... and the line in the e mail
            breaks, then picks up Beamans Newport B & D records etc. Is that Weaver
            Beamans as in a different person ?

            Bob

            On Jun 8, 2013, at 6:54 PM, Charlie Carpenter wrote:

            > Hi Bob,
            >
            > I have a MATILDA MCDONALD b 4-28-1838 Newport d 5-13-1868 Newport NE Death
            > Book 4 page 134 Daughter of Allen and Anna that married a Mr. Weaver.
            > Newport Marr. Book 1 page 43
            >
            > I have a WILLIAM LEWIS WEAVER b 1-20-1837 Newport d 5-28-1911 Newport
            > Newport Death Book 6 page 132 son of Thomas C and Eliza H. (Clark) Weaver.
            > Shows marriage in Book 1 page 43.
            >
            > William and Matilda share the same book and page in the Marraige record
            > the only difference is Matilda is shown as married to a Weaver
            >
            > Beamans Newport Birth and Deaths Records Volume 13
            >
            > Charlie C

            Be sure to check and use the Files, Links, Photos, and Database features on
            your visits to our RI_Ancestors Web site

          • bob a
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 9, 2013
              Thanks Charlie, much appreciated.

              Bob