Marriages Recorded in the city of Providence, RI Year Ending 1867

  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2013
      Hello listers,

      From sheets I have attached to records, here is a typed out version of the
      sheets attached from the RI State Archives. Hope it helps someone. On the
      RI Ancestors, I can scan an upload the sheets if desired.

      Hope it helps someone out.

      March 4

      Thomas Keegan, residence Cranston, RI, age 24, white, occupation laborer,
      birthplace Ireland, parents names Charles & Mary A., first marriage, married
      by John Quinn, Re. ? Pastor

      Bridget Dugan, residence Olneyville, RI, age 21, white, occupation none,
      birthplace Ireland, parents are John & Mary

      March 4

      Joseph McGovern, residence Olneyville, RI, age 29, white, mechanic,
      birthplace Lowell, MA, parents John & Cecelia, first marriage, married by
      John Quinn, Re. C? Pastor

      Margaret McKenna, residence Olneyville, RI, age 23, no occupation,
      birthplace Ireland, parents names James & Bridget

      March 3

      Timothy Coffey, residence East Providence, RI, age 38, white, Laborer,
      birthplace Ireland, parents Timothy & Mary, 2nd marriage for him, married by
      Daniel Kelley, Re. C? Pastor

      Mary Sullivan, residence Providence, RI, age 40, no occupation, birthplace
      Ireland, parents are Cornelius & Catherine Sullivan, 3rd marriage for Mary

      March 5

      Thomas O'Loughlin, residence of Providence, age 28, white, Laborer,
      birthplace Ireland, parents are John and Mary, married 1st time, married by
      Daniel Kelly, Re. C? Pastor

      Mary Mahoney, residence Providence, age 29, white, no occupation, born in
      Ireland, parents are Peter and Catherine, Mary's first marriage.

      March 10

      Peter Gillick, residence Pawtucket, RI, age 38, white, occupation carriage
      maker, born Ireland, parents are James and Catherine, his second marriage,
      married by Charles H. Wheeler, Espisopal Rector

      Mary Frazier, residence Providence, RI, age 34, white, no occupation, born
      in Ireland, parents are Patrick & Mary McKinley, her 2nd marriage

      March 28

      George Robinson Hugg, residence Providence, age 27, color: colored,
      Coachman, born: Philadelphia, PA, parents are John C. & Mary J., first
      marriage, married by Charles H. Wheeler, Episcopal Rector

      Abby Jane Rhodes, residence Providence, age 24, colored, born in Stonington,
      CT, parents are Henry and Abby, first marriage

      April 15

      Duly J. Pierce, residence Cranston, age 20, white, Carpenter, born in
      Cranston, RI, parents: Preserved & Mercy L., first marriage by Charles H.
      Wheeler, Episcopal Rector

      Louisa Hobson, residence Providence, age 22, white, no occupation, born
      Tiverton, RI, parents are Isaiah & Sarah

      April 23

      Robert Lynch, residence Providence, age 27, white, Mechanic, birthplace
      Ireland, parents Robert & Matilda, first marriage, married by Charles H.
      Wheeler, Espiscoal Rector

      Elizabeth Ann Hinds, residence Providence, age 31, white, no
      occupation, birthplace England, parents John and Ann Dawes, 2nd marriage for
      Elizabeth

      April 7

      Joseph Clough, residence Providence, age 30, white, occupation Barber,
      birthplace England, parents Erza & Maria, first marriage, married by
      Benjamin W. Atwell, Episcopal Rector

      Laura Sophia Giles, residence Providence, age 31, white, no occupation,
      birthplace Cornish, New Hampshire, parents Ethan & Joanna, first marriage
      for Laura

      April 21

      William Gaddes, resident Johnston, RI, age 25, occupation Cigar Maker, born
      England, parents are James and Jane, first marriage, married by Benjamin W.
      Atwell, Episcopal Rector

      Mary Alice Whitaker, residence Johnston, RI, age 23, no occupation,
      birthplace Smithfield, RI, parents are James & Elizabeth, first marriage for
      her

      May 15

      Oscar Napoleon Carpenter, residence Olneyville, RI, age 21, white,
      occupation Clerk, born Smithfield, RI, parents are Benjamin B. and Hetty S.,
      first marriage, married by Benjamin W. Atwell, Episcopal Rector

      Sarah Esther Wade, residence Olneyville, RI, age 23, white, no occupation,
      born in Mendon, MA, parents are Lablan? C. & Rebecca C., first marriage

      May 30

      John Hargreaves, residence Olneyville, RI, age 24, white, Mariner, born in
      England, parents are John & Betsy, 1st marriage, married by Benjamin W.
      Atwell, Episcopal Rector

      Catherine Elizabeth Ferguson, residence Olneyville, RI, age 23, no
      occupation, birthplace Scotland, parents are James & Janet

      May 16

      Samuel B. Hobson, residence Providence, RI, age 26, white, Machinist, born
      in Cranston, RI, parents are Isaiah & Sarah, 2nd marriage for him, married
      by Charles H. Wheeler, Episcopal Rector

      Elizabeth L. Walmsley, residence Providence, age 20, white, no occupation,
      birthplace Greenville, CT, parents are Richard and Jane, first marriage

      May 30

      Thomas Henry Holden, residence Providence, age 22, occupation Carver,
      birthplace Warwick, RI, parents are Thomas R. & Mary S., 1st marriage,
      married by Charles H. Wheeler, Episcopal Rector

      Isabel Duncan Potter, residence Providence, age 22, no
      occupation, born Providence, RI parents are Joseph and Allison, 1st marriage
      for Isabel.

      Nancy-Jo Nunez

    • Loree Muldowney
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2013
        Hoping to further help�.

        Rev. John Quinn was the long-time Pastor at St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church on Broadway, Providence (Olneyville.)
        Church and office is still there and the office is pretty helpful in furnishing Bp & Marr records. :)

        Loree Muldowney

        Message 3 of 3 , May 23, 2013
          Thanks, that's nice to know.

          NJ

          Rev. John Quinn was the long-time Pastor at St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church
          on Broadway, Providence (Olneyville.) Church and office is still there and
          the office is pretty helpful in furnishing Bp & Marr records. :)

          Loree Muldowney

          On May 23, 2013, at 12:26 PM, Nancy-Jo Nunez <NJNUNEZ@...> wrote:

          > Hello listers,
          >
          > From sheets I have attached to records, here is a typed out version of
          > the sheets attached from the RI State Archives. Hope it helps someone.
          > On the RI Ancestors, I can scan an upload the sheets if desired.
          >
          > Hope it helps someone out.
          >
          > March 4
          >
          > Thomas Keegan, residence Cranston, RI, age 24, white, occupation
          > laborer, birthplace Ireland, parents names Charles & Mary A., first
          > marriage, married by John Quinn, Re. ? Pastor
          >
          > Bridget Dugan, residence Olneyville, RI, age 21, white, occupation
          > none, birthplace Ireland, parents are John & Mary

          Be sure to check and use the Files, Links, Photos, and Database features on
          your visits to our RI_Ancestors Web site There is a lot of information there
          and more being added daily

          For the benefit of those who cannot access our Yahoo site we have a Mirror
          site for the File, Links, and Databases