Re: [RI_Ancestors] Can someone help me on this list to interpret this?

  • Linda Peloquin
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 26, 2013
      I've seen CD's at the FHC in Warwick.  I've never looked at them but I think they contained the files for families submitted by Church members.

      Give your local FHC a ring and ask.  The CD's I saw were definitely something LDS produced.

      Linda

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
        It appears to be showing the matrilineal line

        The writer does not know the father of Hannah Conner Buckhanan (or chooses not to print it?)
        but the mother is Mary Casey Conner and the father of Mary C. Conner was Abraham CASEY

        At least that is the way I would interpret it.

        jeanhaverhill@...

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
          This is how I would interpret this:

          I don't know what mwwmd means, but I agree that Hannah M. Conner is the
          daughter of (father's first name unknown) Conner and Mary [Casey] Conner.
          Mary Casey Conner is the daughter of Abraham Casey.

          If this is from a "Who's who" listing at that time (rather than somebody's
          note from later on), then Edward Buckhanon is from out of town, while
          Hannah Conner's maternal grandfather Abraham Casey is important or at least
          well-known to the town where the "Who's who" was published -- and Hannah's
          father may have been deceased if the publisher wasn't sure of his first
          name.

          - Kim

          On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 5:42 AM, I <Jeanhaverhill@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > It appears to be showing the matrilineal line
          >
          > The writer does not know the father of Hannah Conner Buckhanan (or chooses
          > not to print it?)
          > but the mother is Mary Casey Conner and the father of Mary C. Conner was
          > Abraham CASEY
          >
          > At least that is the way I would interpret it.
          >
          > BUCKHANAN, Edward of Ne (Newport?) AND HANNAH M. CONNER of __________ &
          > Mary
          > (Casey, of Abraham) Conner mwwmd (?????), 1846 (NE 16B:196)
          >
          > I don't know what the author is trying to say on the "who's who" in this
          > entry. Is Hannah M. Conner supposed to be of Casey? Or Abraham & Mary what?
          > Conner, Casey? I'm confused.
          >
          > jeanhaverhill@...

        • Nancy-Jo Nunez
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
            Thanks everyone for your replies. Appreciate all your help.

            Nancy-Jo

            I don't know what mwwmd means, but I agree that Hannah M. Conner is the
            daughter of (father's first name unknown) Conner and Mary [Casey] Conner.
            Mary Casey Conner is the daughter of Abraham Casey.

            If this is from a "Who's who" listing at that time (rather than somebody's
            note from later on), then Edward Buckhanon is from out of town, while Hannah
            Conner's maternal grandfather Abraham Casey is important or at least
            well-known to the town where the "Who's who" was published -- and Hannah's
            father may have been deceased if the publisher wasn't sure of his first
            name.

            - Kim

            On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 5:42 AM, I <Jeanhaverhill@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > It appears to be showing the matrilineal line
            >
            > The writer does not know the father of Hannah Conner Buckhanan (or
            > chooses not to print it?) but the mother is Mary Casey Conner and the
            > father of Mary C. Conner was Abraham CASEY
            >
            > At least that is the way I would interpret it.
            >
            > BUCKHANAN, Edward of Ne (Newport?) AND HANNAH M. CONNER of __________
            > & Mary (Casey, of Abraham) Conner mwwmd (?????), 1846 (NE 16B:196)
            >
            > I don't know what the author is trying to say on the "who's who" in
            > this entry. Is Hannah M. Conner supposed to be of Casey? Or Abraham & Mary
            what?
            > Conner, Casey? I'm confused.
            >
            > jeanhaverhill@...

            Be sure to check and use the Files, Links, Photos, and Database features on
            your visits to our RI_Ancestors Web site There is a lot of information there
            and more being added daily

            For the benefit of those who cannot access our Yahoo site we have a Mirror
            site for the File, Links, and Databases
          • mjbarnett23@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
              Hi Nancy,

              I agree with Jean's assessment of the entry. had to read it twice, but understood it.

              Mary

              --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, I <Jeanhaverhill@...> wrote:

              > It appears to be showing the matrilineal line
              >

              > The writer does not know the father of Hannah Conner Buckhanan (or chooses not to print it?)
              > but the mother is Mary Casey Conner and the father of Mary C. Conner was Abraham CASEY
              >

              > At least that is the way I would interpret it.
              >
              > BUCKHANAN, Edward of Ne (Newport?) AND HANNAH M. CONNER of __________ & Mary
              > (Casey, of Abraham) Conner mwwmd (?????), 1846 (NE 16B:196)
              >

              > jeanhaverhill@...

            • Nancy-Jo Nunez
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
                Thanks much everyone, so I imagine I record it like this?

                Abraham Conner married Mary Casey (at some point), and their child was Hannah M. Conner..

                Or is it

                Hannah M. Conner, daughter of Ab

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
                  Is it like this then, thanks much

                  Abraham Conner married Mary Casey, they had Hannah M. Conner who married Edward Buckhanan.

                  Abraham is a Conner while the wife, Mary and mother to Hannah was a Casey.

                  ??
                  Thanks.
                  NJ

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
                    Thanks Linda, the CDs I bought years ago came directly from Family Tree Maker by Broderbund, prior to the purchase of the products from Ancestry.com. Thanks for that tip, my library carries CDs too.

                    NJ