RE: [RI_Ancestors] Re: Acote Cemetery?

  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 11, 2013
      Sure, thanks

      -----Original Message-----
      From: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com [mailto:RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of mjbarnett23@...
      Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:29 PM
      To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [RI_Ancestors] Re: Acote Cemetery?

      Would it help if I sent a list of the other names and dates along to you.
      Then if you find a name you want to check i can give you the cemetery name?

      Mary

      ------------------------------------

      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 13, 2013
        This looks like the Benjamin Worsley buried in Chepachet
        https://familysearch.org/search/record/results#count=20&query=%2Bgivenname%3
        ABenjamin~%20%2Bsurname%3AWorsley~&collection_id=1675536

        says his parents are John and Lydia

        married to Kate Grace Duncan
        https://familysearch.org/search/record/results#count=20&query=%2Bgivenname%3
        ABenjamin~%20%2Bsurname%3AWorsley~&collection_id=1675538

        This looks like him in the census - says he was born in Massachusetts

        1900 United States Federal Census about Benj F Worsly
        Name:
        Benj F Worsly
        [Benj F Worely]
        Age: 60
        Birth Date: Feb 1840
        Birthplace: Massachusetts
        Home in 1900: Providence Ward 3, Providence, Rhode Island
        [Providence]
        Race: White
        Gender: Male
        Relation to Head of House: Head
        Marital Status: Married
        Spouse's Name: Cath Worsly
        Marriage Year: 1865
        Years Married: 35
        Father's Birthplace: England
        Mother's Birthplace: Rhode Island
        Occupation:
        View on Image
        Neighbors:
        View others on page
        Household Members:
        Name
        Age
        Benj F Worsly 60
        Cath Worsly 60

        Source Citation: Year: 1900; Census Place: Providence Ward 3, Providence,
        Rhode Island; Roll: 1506; Page: 11B; Enumeration District: 0024; FHL
        microfilm: 1241506.
        Source Information:

        Ancestry.com. 1900 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo,
        UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004.

        Lisa
        lisa.lepore2@...

        Would it help if I sent a list of the other names and dates along to you.
        Then if you find a name you want to check i can give you the cemetery name?

        Mary

        --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy-Jo Nunez" <NJNUNEZ@...> wrote:

        > Thanks I was hopeful, but don't think so.

      • Nancy-Jo Nunez
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 13, 2013
          Thanks so much, so now I can cross that one off, thanks.

          Nancy-Jo

          ------------------------------------

        • mjbarnett23@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 13, 2013
            Hi Nancy,

            I guess I could have done that too for you. Anyway, I'm sorry you can't find your ancestor either. Did any other Worly name hit home?

          • Nancy-Jo Nunez
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 13, 2013
              No, I was actually hoping it was my ancestor with a mis-spelling, oh well I
              tried...
              NJ

              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 13, 2013
                As I always say one step forward 5 steps backward, but I do like the thrill of the chase.

              • Nancy-Jo Nunez
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 13, 2013
                  Same as me...