Acote Cemetery?

  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 11 1:53 PM
      Hello listers,

      I am trying to find out where to write for this cemetery. I have two graves
      I am interesting in seeing if I can find records, anything on.can anyone
      help me? Thank you.

      Nancy-Jo

    • mjbarnett23@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 11 2:04 PM
        Hi Nancy,

        Acotes Hill Cemetery
        Putnam Pike
        Chepachet, RI 02814
        401 568 5860

        Mary

      • mjbarnett23@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 11 2:07 PM
          Nancy,

          If you want to mail me the names you are searching for I can see if FAG has them entered. Worth a shot to check for you. Glad to help.

          Mary

          --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "mjbarnett23@..." <mjbarnett23@...> wrote:

          > Hi Nancy,
          >
          > Acotes Hill Cemetery
          > Putnam Pike
          > Chepachet, RI 02814
          > 401 568 5860
          >

          > Mary
          >

          > --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy-Jo Nunez" <NJNUNEZ@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello listers,
          > >
          > > I am trying to find out where to write for this cemetery. I have two graves
          > > I am interesting in seeing if I can find records, anything on.can anyone
          > > help me? Thank you.
          > >

          > > Nancy-Jo

        • Nancy-Jo Nunez
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 11 2:41 PM
            Hi yes,

            Benjamin Worsley, but I think it is my Benjamin Walmsley/Wamsley/etc. - this
            is why I am looking for the record, I have an old list that shows the
            cemetery and his name is on that list as being buried there. Can you check
            for me? Thanks so much.

            Nancy-Jo

            wrote:

            > Hi Nancy,
            >
            > Acotes Hill Cemetery
            > Putnam Pike
            > Chepachet, RI 02814
            > 401 568 5860
            >

            > Mary
            >

            > --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy-Jo Nunez" <NJNUNEZ@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello listers,
            > >
            > > I am trying to find out where to write for this cemetery. I have
            > > two graves I am interesting in seeing if I can find records,
            > > anything on.can anyone help me? Thank you.
            > >

            > > Nancy-Jo

            Be sure to check and use the Files, Links, Photos, and Database features on
            your visits to our RI_Ancestors Web site There is a lot of information there
            and more being added daily

            For the benefit of those who cannot access our Yahoo site we have a Mirror
            site for the File, Links, and Databases
          • Nancy-Jo Nunez
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 11 2:43 PM
              Thanks Mary
              I just called but no answer, probably no one is there now.

              Nancy-Jo

              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 11 3:02 PM
                Hi Nancy,

                Have Benjamin F Worsley 1839- March 10 1903 That is in Acotes Cemetery, also called Chepachet Cemetery. Per RI Historical Cemetery Transcription.

                Mary

                --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy-Jo Nunez" <NJNUNEZ@...> wrote:

                > Hi yes,
                >
                > Benjamin Worsley, but I think it is my Benjamin Walmsley/Wamsley/etc. - this
                > is why I am looking for the record, I have an old list that shows the
                > cemetery and his name is on that list as being buried there. Can you check
                > for me? Thanks so much.
                >
                > Nancy-Jo

              • Nancy-Jo Nunez
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 11 3:23 PM
                  Thanks Mary, and I'm sure there is nothing else on him....do they have
                  anything else on the records?

                  NJ

                  ------------------------------------

                  Be sure to check and use the Files, Links, Photos, and Database features on
                  your visits to our RI_Ancestors Web site There is a lot of information there
                  and more being added daily

                  For the benefit of those who cannot access our Yahoo site we have a Mirror
                  site for the File, Links, and Databases
                • finnjordan4
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 11 3:37 PM
                    Hi Nancy-Jo,

                    Just spoke with a friend that just bought her plot there.

                    Chepachet Cemetery Association
                    P.O. Box 4
                    Chepachet, RI 02814
                    Gary S. Tucker, Superintendent
                    401-568-5860

                    Mickey

                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 11 3:40 PM
                      Nancy,

                      I was waiting to see if it was him, also have Katherine Grace Worsley born 1839 died Sept 26, 1903, possible wife maybe. Many more Worsleys in RI Historical Cemeteries but those are the only two in Acotes.

                    • Nancy-Jo Nunez
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 11 3:54 PM
                        Thanks I was hopeful, but don't think so.

                        ------------------------------------

                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 11 3:54 PM
                          Thank you.

                          ------------------------------------

                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 11 4:29 PM
                            Would it help if I sent a list of the other names and dates along to you. Then if you find a name you want to check i can give you the cemetery name?

                          • Nancy-Jo Nunez
                            Message 13 of 19 , Apr 11 9:12 PM
                              Sure, thanks

                              ------------------------------------

                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 13 12:59 PM
                                This looks like the Benjamin Worsley buried in Chepachet
                                https://familysearch.org/search/record/results#count=20&query=%2Bgivenname%3
                                ABenjamin~%20%2Bsurname%3AWorsley~&collection_id=1675536

                                says his parents are John and Lydia

                                married to Kate Grace Duncan
                                https://familysearch.org/search/record/results#count=20&query=%2Bgivenname%3
                                ABenjamin~%20%2Bsurname%3AWorsley~&collection_id=1675538

                                This looks like him in the census - says he was born in Massachusetts

                                1900 United States Federal Census about Benj F Worsly
                                Name:
                                Benj F Worsly
                                [Benj F Worely]
                                Age: 60
                                Birth Date: Feb 1840
                                Birthplace: Massachusetts
                                Home in 1900: Providence Ward 3, Providence, Rhode Island
                                [Providence]
                                Race: White
                                Gender: Male
                                Relation to Head of House: Head
                                Marital Status: Married
                                Spouse's Name: Cath Worsly
                                Marriage Year: 1865
                                Years Married: 35
                                Father's Birthplace: England
                                Mother's Birthplace: Rhode Island
                                Occupation:
                                View on Image
                                Neighbors:
                                View others on page
                                Household Members:
                                Name
                                Age
                                Benj F Worsly 60
                                Cath Worsly 60

                                Source Citation: Year: 1900; Census Place: Providence Ward 3, Providence,
                                Rhode Island; Roll: 1506; Page: 11B; Enumeration District: 0024; FHL
                                microfilm: 1241506.
                                Source Information:

                                Ancestry.com. 1900 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo,
                                UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004.

                                Lisa
                                lisa.lepore2@...

                                Would it help if I sent a list of the other names and dates along to you.
                                Then if you find a name you want to check i can give you the cemetery name?

                                Mary

                                --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy-Jo Nunez" <NJNUNEZ@...> wrote:

                                > Thanks I was hopeful, but don't think so.

                              • Nancy-Jo Nunez
                                Message 15 of 19 , Apr 13 2:03 PM
                                  Thanks so much, so now I can cross that one off, thanks.

                                  Nancy-Jo

                                  ------------------------------------

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Apr 13 2:07 PM
                                    Hi Nancy,

                                    I guess I could have done that too for you. Anyway, I'm sorry you can't find your ancestor either. Did any other Worly name hit home?

                                  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Apr 13 4:16 PM
                                      No, I was actually hoping it was my ancestor with a mis-spelling, oh well I
                                      tried...
                                      NJ

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Apr 13 4:26 PM
                                        As I always say one step forward 5 steps backward, but I do like the thrill of the chase.

                                      • Nancy-Jo Nunez
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Apr 13 5:21 PM
                                          Same as me...