RE: [RI_Ancestors] Smithfield vs Central Falls

  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 2, 2013
      Thanks for posting this email Linda...very helpful indeed.

      Nancy-Jo

      From: mjbarnett23@... <mjbarnett23@...>
      Subject: [RI_Ancestors] Smithfield vs Central Falls
      To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, March 25, 2013, 12:57 PM

      Mickey,

      Thanks for the hint.

      Town of Smithfield records began in 1871 I was told when I called.

      Town Clerk stated records before that date are located in Central Falls.
      Hoping to head there Wednesday.

      Mary

      --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com,finnjordan4@... wrote:

      > Hi Mary,
      >
      > If I could suggest you call Smithfield with the dates of what you are
      > searching for and they will tell you if it is in their building or at
      > Central Falls. I believe most records (and I can't say all) that are in Smithfield are only from 1867 forward.
      >
      > They are a good crew in Smithfield. 233-1000.

    • louisabishfaw
      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 16, 2013
        Hey Scott, I didn't know that Sally Field was connected, considering how many lines we share I'm sure we share her too. Could you send me what you have on her line for my dad and me?

        Louisa