Re: [RI_Ancestors] Re: SCITUATE RESEVOIR

  • Donald Taylor
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 29, 2013
      Lorraine (and anyone else interested)
           As I remember the place from my childhood. The road or dirt driveway that leads into the property used to go in a circle. The old house would have been straight back from the road after you followed it around to the right a little. It faced Brandy Brook Rd and was behind the houses which are directly on Brandy Brook Rd. All of those lots were once part of the farm but were deeded to children and grandchildren as they married. The cemetery would have been to the left of and a good distance from the house. There is a picture of the house in a file cabinet in the basement of the Scituate Library. It was be then called the Farrow house ( a Taylor daughter of Benjamin, Naomi married Stephen Olney and their daughter married a Farrow.) but in the picture the little one story portion on the left end was the original Taylor home that was moved from the Pine swamp. The Farrows built the large two story addition. The house was taken apart by a builder who
      used a lot of the original lumber, trim details and moldings to construct a house at newport.
       The house at newport was named by the builder as the Scituate Stone Ender, having both ends reconstructed in native stone.
      cousin Don

      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 31, 2013
        Don, the cleanup sounds like a great idea. I would like to go. I have a weak back, but I will contribute what labor I can. Be sure to let me know. Lorraine

        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 31, 2013
          That's great information, Don. Thanks so much. When I go to the Scituate Library, I will ask to see this photograph. Lorraine