Re: [RI_Ancestors] Re: Rhode Island City and Towns and when incorporated

  • alertrick44
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 27, 2013
      Just remembered when I went to Scituate LIb. they didn't have any on hand
      but they made copy's of the CD's for lost Villages of Situate and where
      ready the same week ,, CALL FIRST..

      In a message dated 3/26/2013 3:59:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      miyukichan0987@... writes:

      It's a scenario that's been repeated many times not only for drinking
      water, but for hydro power, flood control and agricultural purposes.

      Coming immediately to mind are the Ashokan Reservoir in Ulster Co, NY
      built to provide water for NYC that drowned one of the finest bluestone
      quarries in the region and wiped out the original locations of the towns of West
      Hurley, Ashokan, Shokan, Olivebridge, Glenford and a few others that have
      all been relocated and the Quabbin Reservoir in Worcester Co, Ma built to
      provide water for Boston which flooded the Swift River Valley & took the towns
      of Enfield, Prescott, Greenwich & Dana along with bits of other towns -
      there was quite a poignant story in Yankee Magazine many years back on the
      building of the Quabbin.

      Linda

      --- On Tue, 3/26/13, bob a <_HDBiker1@..._

      (mailto:RI_Ancestors-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com)