RE: [RI_Ancestors] RE INFORMATION ON FAMILY SEARCH SITE IN ANCESTOR "SEALING"r

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 6, 2013
      Thanks for bringing this up. I didn’t mention that in my message, and I should have.

      The information there needs to be verified, just like anything else. I almost never look at the

      family trees that are submitted to familysearch because of this reason.

      However, Mary’s message reminded me to look there for part of my grandmother’s family that

      has been difficult to track. The man had 3 daughters, and I could not find their married names.

      I found a contact name on one of the entries, and sent an email. Just heard

      back from a new cousin!

      Thanks Mary!

      Lisa

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 6, 2013
        Definitely worth following up on. As I said in my earlier message, your
        question prompted me to

        look there again, and I just found a cousin! I'm going to call her tonight
        and compare notes.

        Not all the trees there are from people who have been sealed. Anyone can
        submit a family tree to the LDS.

        As I understand it, the sealing records are restricted to church members.

        Happy hunting, and thanks for reminding me to look there.

        Lisa