RE: [RI_Ancestors] Re: lippitt

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
      Thanks for reminding me. I saw some books like this at the Pawtucket Public
      library years ago. one was called

      The Run of the Mill and another one Mills and Factories of New England.

      They might also be some information in one of those Images of America books?
      There are several for that area -

      Pawtuxet

      Pawtuxet Valley

      Pawtuxet Valley Villages

      West Warwick

      Lisa

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
        You can buy them used through Amazon.  This exchange through the group spiked my curiosity (and nostalgia), so I just ordered a copy of one that looked interesting to me!

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2013
          Sorry to have enticed you to spend money LOL

          These books are really great. If you go directly to the publisher’s website, you can scroll through the

          books to see what has been published. http://www.arcadiapublishing.com/series/Images-of-America

          If you see some books of interest, you can search to see if you can find them used.

          Looking there now, I see some books that were previously out of print are now available.

          There are more than 6000 books that have been or will be published.

          Lisa