Re: lippitt

  • rimimma49
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
      There is actually a book in the library on the Textile Mills of Rhode Island with history and pictures...also contact the West Warwick Historical Society

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
        Thanks for reminding me. I saw some books like this at the Pawtucket Public
        library years ago. one was called

        The Run of the Mill and another one Mills and Factories of New England.

        They might also be some information in one of those Images of America books?
        There are several for that area -

        Pawtuxet

        Pawtuxet Valley

        Pawtuxet Valley Villages

        West Warwick

        Lisa

        --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com <mailto:RI_Ancestors%40yahoogroups.com>
        , "Charles Rathbun" wrote:

        > does anyone know how to contact john hayes the old owner of the lippitt
        mill, or the present owner, my great grand father owned the mill thanks
        charlie

      • Liz Goldgraber
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
          You can buy them used through Amazon.  This exchange through the group spiked my curiosity (and nostalgia), so I just ordered a copy of one that looked interesting to me!

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2013
            Sorry to have enticed you to spend money LOL

            These books are really great. If you go directly to the publisher’s website, you can scroll through the

            books to see what has been published. http://www.arcadiapublishing.com/series/Images-of-America

            If you see some books of interest, you can search to see if you can find them used.

            Looking there now, I see some books that were previously out of print are now available.

            There are more than 6000 books that have been or will be published.

            Lisa