Re: [RI_Ancestors] Re: RI HISTORICAL CEMETERIES TRANSCRIPTION PROJECT

  • Gloria Silverman
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2013
      Thanks Mary.
      I'm still getting an error message!

      We were unable to return you to ancestry.com.

      Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem.
      What you can do:
      Go to your home page

      Try to return to ancestry.com

      More information

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2013
        Oops! This link appears to be broken.
        Suggestions:
        a.. Go to theusgenweb.­org
        b.. Search theusgenweb.org for rigenweb cemetery index
        c.. Search on Google:

        I had no problem on the site. Clicked a name and a pdf opened with a list of names including the one I clicked on.

        Sorry couldn't be more help. Good luck!

        Mary

        --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "Gloria Silverman" wrote:

        > Is anyone else having a problem getting this site to open when you click on a surname or is it just me??!! It's been this way for days!!

      • mimi68923
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2013
          Gloria : Do you have "Acrobat" on your computer ? THis is because the
          cemetery list is in a 'pdf 'format. Acrobat is free to download online.
          I just went to the cemetery website and had no problem.
          Let me know if this works out for you.
          Marie McShane

          <javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com')>

        • mjbarnett23@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2013
            Gloria,

            Is this the link you are using:

            http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rigenweb/Cemetery2/cemindex.html

            This leads you right to the list of burials list.

            Hope this helps you.....

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2013
              Mary,
              Yes, I used this and then get to the list of names but when I click on a name it gives me an error message.
              Gloria

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 2, 2013
                Marie,
                Thank you, yes, I do have Acrobat and used to have no problem opening the RIHCTP. I'm installing the latest updates for Acrobat now and will see if that helps.
                Gloria

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 3, 2013
                  Thanks again, I've found the only way I can get there now:
                  http://theusgenweb.org/rigenweb/cemetery/data.html