John Carter Brown, Merchant of Providence, RI Land Purchase in NY

  • miyukichan0987
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2013
      Sorting through deeds for Rockland Co, NY - no grantor/grantee index *sigh* - looking for land transactions involving one set of 4th great-grandparents & I came across an 1833 deed with RI ties. For anyone interested in John C. Brown, below is the link.

      John Carter Brown, Merchant of the City of Providence, RI, grantee is buying from Isaac D. Cole & wife Ann Maria of Paterson, NJ for the sum of $2275 American a 7.55 acre piece of land in the Town of Orange, Rockland Co, NY.

      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-32687-4601-48?cc=2078654&wc=M9M4-8P9:110335213