RE: [RI_Ancestors] Andrews Cemetery Lot

  • teffty
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 23, 2013
      I meant to put the website address on and forgot. It is <rihc.info>

      T tefft

      From: tefft6@...
      Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 07:08:36 -0500

      There is some information about this lot on the Rhode Island
      Historical

      Cemeteries website. The notation says the bodies were moved to Knotty Oak

      Cemetery in Coventry in 1896, with permission of the town of West Greenwich.

      T Tefft

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 23, 2013
        It is ....?

        To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
        From: tefft6@...
        Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 12:32:01 -0500

        From: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com [mailto:RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com] On

        Behalf Of Robert Boggan

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 23, 2013
          Hello,

          Yahoo groups is probably going to block out any URL you type in these messages. There's not much info on that Andrews lot there anyway, at least as far as graves are concerned but here's the description text:

          Built up to 24 inches with a fine stone wall, then filled with dirt. No evidence of grave stones. Looks like the Weaver Rose Lot in North Kingstown. Remains removed to Knotty Oak Cemetery, Coventry in 1896; see WG council records. 30 Oct 1896 John Matteson, Nelson Andrews, and Halsey J. Briggs had leave to disinter and remove from this town the remains of their children and relativesnow buried here. Recorded by Blanche Albro in the 1970s. Recorded by John Sterling in 1992. GPS coordinated 41 deg 38' 55.392''N x -71 deg 36' 05.868'' W.

          You can google "Rhode Island Historical Cemeteries" and find a couple sites actually, same information presented differently. The one I like is

          RIHC (dot) info

          Sounds like there's no stones to find and most if not all the graves have been removed. It may be worth checking out what John Sterling recorded in 1992 though, I believe he's the author of several of the wonderful cemetery books. This is historical cemetery WG-25, but maybe it's included in the Exeter book?

          -Glen

          --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, Robert Boggan wrote:

          > It is ....?
          >
          > To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
          > From: tefft6@...
          > Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 12:32:01 -0500
          > Subject: RE: [RI_Ancestors] Andrews Cemetery Lot

          > I meant to put the website address on and forgot. It is
          >

          > T tefft

        • Robert Boggan
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 23, 2013
            Thanks very much, Glen.