RE: [RI_Ancestors] John Underwood (1747-1848)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2013
      can you tell us the particular database at ancestry.com where you saw this
      information?

      Lisa

      Please note my new email address:

      lisa.lepore2@...

      From: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com [mailto:RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Jean
      Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2013 7:58 PM
      To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [RI_Ancestors] John Underwood (1747-1848)

      Hello All. I recently learned more about the man I believe was my GGG
      Grandfather. Not being a member of Ancestry, I was still able to see John
      Underwood shown as being at Kent County 1747. This ties in with his 1848
      date of death which stated he was 101 years old! I also saw John Underwood
      living in Washington County, R.I. in 1777. It appears that my ancestor, John
      U., left Newport 1783, taking his wife to New Brunswick, Canada. There they
      lived their remaining lives, with John dying in Shediac 1848. Does anyone
      have any interest or knowledge of R.I. Underwood families? I am eager to see
      proof of birth and marriage of this man. Also the wife who "it is said"
      married him in R.I. Many thanks, in advance. ~Jean