Re: [RI_Ancestors] Posting this site in case no one is aware of it

  • SANDY JOHANSEN
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2012
      The file may not be complete or available forever.  There is quite a stir around keeping the SSDI available.  See the link for more information on the topic.  Help in the fight to preserve this access if you can.
      http://genealogy.about.com/b/2011/12/16/genealogy-sites-pressured-into-removing-ssdi.htm

      Kind Regards,
      Sandy from Colorado

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2012
        f you have access to Ancestry.com you can access this information in a more user-friendly format.

        Lauren Maehrlein
        Maehrlein's Heirlines

        Plant a tree, then start your family tree!

        Just passing along information I found. Have never seen this particular site.

        http://ssdmf.info/ The site is called Social Security Death Master File.

        There's tons of information on Ancestors It is one more place that you may find
        a connection to that missing ancestor. The instructions to search are very
        simple.

        Don't forget to bookmark the site, as it will not come up all search engines.

        Good luck to all. Happy Holidays to everyone on the group.

        Mary

        Be sure to check and use the Files, Links, Photos, and Database features on your
        visits to our RI_Ancestors Web site