Posting this site in case no one is aware of it

  • mjbarnett23@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2012
      Hello,

      Just passing along information I found. Have never seen this particular site.

      http://ssdmf.info/ The site is called Social Security Death Master File.

      There's tons of information on Ancestors It is one more place that you may find a connection to that missing ancestor. The instructions to search are very simple.

      Don't forget to bookmark the site, as it will not come up all search engines.

      Good luck to all. Happy Holidays to everyone on the group.

      Mary
    • SANDY JOHANSEN
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2012
        The file may not be complete or available forever.  There is quite a stir around keeping the SSDI available.  See the link for more information on the topic.  Help in the fight to preserve this access if you can.
        http://genealogy.about.com/b/2011/12/16/genealogy-sites-pressured-into-removing-ssdi.htm

        Kind Regards,
        Sandy from Colorado

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 18, 2012
          f you have access to Ancestry.com you can access this information in a more user-friendly format.

          Lauren Maehrlein
          Maehrlein's Heirlines

          Plant a tree, then start your family tree!

          Just passing along information I found. Have never seen this particular site.

          http://ssdmf.info/ The site is called Social Security Death Master File.

          There's tons of information on Ancestors It is one more place that you may find
          a connection to that missing ancestor. The instructions to search are very
          simple.

          Don't forget to bookmark the site, as it will not come up all search engines.

          Good luck to all. Happy Holidays to everyone on the group.

          Mary

          Be sure to check and use the Files, Links, Photos, and Database features on your
          visits to our RI_Ancestors Web site