Re: [RI_Ancestors] Lillibridge - Tillinghast

  • mbriggs3@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 25, 2012
      From: lillibridgej
      Sent: Nov 25, 2012 9:20 AM
      To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [RI_Ancestors] Lillibridge - Tillinghast

      Am searching for parents of Mercy (Marcy) Lillibridge who married Allen Tillinghast, 28 Aug 1817 in RI.
      She reportedly was born in Stephentown, NY, 20 Jul 1798 and died in Coventry, 16 Mar 1882.
      She was supposedly buried in the Plain House Meeting cemetery but I can't find that information confirmed in the RI Burials database.
      Will appreicate any information.
      John Lillibridge

      John,

      Are you sure she was a Lillibridge? The older Tillinghast compilation available at the FamilyHistory library states she was Mercy Tillinghast, daughter of Joseph and Sarah (Gorton) Tillinghast. The birth of Mercy Tillinghast was recorded in Voluntown VR as Mercy Tillinghast, b 20 June 1796 at Stephentown NY to Joseph and Sarah. There may be proof of her ID available. There is a record of death/burial for a Mercy Tillinghast, d Coventry RI 17 Mar 1882. No age is listed, nor is there mention of spouse in the entry, but parents are listed as Joseph and Sarah Tillinghast. If this record refers to Mercy Tillinghast, widow of Allen, the original record may provide more information.

      Marcia B.
    • rimimma49
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 26, 2012
        I think this is your people...the man that did this research died but he has this in the database on Find a grave

        http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=24679920

        --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "lillibridgej" <redfork@...> wrote:

        > Am searching for parents of Mercy (Marcy) Lillibridge who married Allen Tillinghast, 28 Aug 1817 in RI.
        > She reportedly was born in Stephentown, NY, 20 Jul 1798 and died in Coventry, 16 Mar 1882.
        > She was supposedly buried in the Plain House Meeting cemetery but I can't find that information confirmed in the RI Burials database.
        > Will appreicate any information.
        > John Lillibridge

      • rimimma49
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 26, 2012
          Marcy Tillinghast is in the Rhode Island Cemetery database

          http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rigenweb/Cemetery2/CemeteryT3.pdf

          --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "lillibridgej" <redfork@...> wrote:

          > Am searching for parents of Mercy (Marcy) Lillibridge who married Allen Tillinghast, 28 Aug 1817 in RI.
          > She reportedly was born in Stephentown, NY, 20 Jul 1798 and died in Coventry, 16 Mar 1882.
          > She was supposedly buried in the Plain House Meeting cemetery but I can't find that information confirmed in the RI Burials database.
          > Will appreicate any information.
          > John Lillibridge

        • rimimma49
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 26, 2012
            Contact the Rhode Island State Archives they can pull her death record perhaps have her parents name on it

            --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "lillibridgej" <redfork@...> wrote:
            > contact the Rhode Island State archives they can pull her death record for you
            > Am searching for parents of Mercy (Marcy) Lillibridge who married Allen Tillinghast, 28 Aug 1817 in RI.
            > She reportedly was born in Stephentown, NY, 20 Jul 1798 and died in Coventry, 16 Mar 1882.
            > She was supposedly buried in the Plain House Meeting cemetery but I can't find that information confirmed in the RI Burials database.
            > Will appreicate any information.
            > John Lillibridge

          • lillibridgej
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 26, 2012
              Folks,
              With the suggestions of several members I'v found that the Mercy Lillibridge was, in fact, a Tillinghast. Now if I can find the person who sent me down the wrong path, I'll be happy.
              Thanx all.
              John Lillibridge

              --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "rimimma49" <rimimma49@...> wrote:

              > I think this is your people...the man that did this research died but he has this in the database on Find a grave
              >
              > http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=24679920
              >
              > --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "lillibridgej" <redfork@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Am searching for parents of Mercy (Marcy) Lillibridge who married Allen Tillinghast, 28 Aug 1817 in RI.
              > > She reportedly was born in Stephentown, NY, 20 Jul 1798 and died in Coventry, 16 Mar 1882.
              > > She was supposedly buried in the Plain House Meeting cemetery but I can't find that information confirmed in the RI Burials database.
              > > Will appreicate any information.
              > > John Lillibridge

            • John Lillibridge
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 27, 2012
                Marcia,
                Many thanx - yes, she was a Tillinghast.
                John
[...]

                No virus found in this message.

              • John Lillibridge
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 27, 2012