Re: [RI_Ancestors] Lillibridge - Tillinghast

  • Gloria Silverman
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 25, 2012
      http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rigenweb/Cemetery2/CemeteryT3.pdf

      TILLINGHAST ALLEN, DEA 1797c 30 DEC 1880 WG002

      TILLINGHAST MARCY 1799c 16 MAR 1882 WG002

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 25, 2012
        Gloria and John,

        Was unable to locate any addition info on Mercys parents. I don’t believe any W.Greenwich burials have been added into the R.I. database.
        Allens parents are traceable in Tillinghasts in America by Wayne G. Tillinghast on page 252,but nothing on Mercy.

        Charlie C

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 25, 2012
          http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rigenweb/Cemetery2/CemeteryT3.pdf

          TILLINGHAST ALLEN, DEA 1797c 30 DEC 1880 WG002

          TILLINGHAST MARCY 1799c 16 MAR 1882 WG002

          HISTORICAL CEMETERY #: WG002 PLAIN MEETING HOUSE WEST GREENWICH RI

          Location: 25 ft north of PLAIN MEETING HOUSE & LIBERTY HILL RD

          320 burials with 311 inscriptions from 1799 to 1977

          285 ft x 275 ft in fair condition enclosed with a stone wall; sign in fair condition

          NOTE: rear of West Greenwich Baptist Church

          many rare wild flower plants located here.

          This cemetery has been recorded but not checked.

        • mbriggs3@mindspring.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 25, 2012
            Am searching for parents of Mercy (Marcy) Lillibridge who married Allen Tillinghast, 28 Aug 1817 in RI.
            She reportedly was born in Stephentown, NY, 20 Jul 1798 and died in Coventry, 16 Mar 1882.
            She was supposedly buried in the Plain House Meeting cemetery but I can't find that information confirmed in the RI Burials database.
            Will appreicate any information.
            John Lillibridge

            John,

            Are you sure she was a Lillibridge? The older Tillinghast compilation available at the FamilyHistory library states she was Mercy Tillinghast, daughter of Joseph and Sarah (Gorton) Tillinghast. The birth of Mercy Tillinghast was recorded in Voluntown VR as Mercy Tillinghast, b 20 June 1796 at Stephentown NY to Joseph and Sarah. There may be proof of her ID available. There is a record of death/burial for a Mercy Tillinghast, d Coventry RI 17 Mar 1882. No age is listed, nor is there mention of spouse in the entry, but parents are listed as Joseph and Sarah Tillinghast. If this record refers to Mercy Tillinghast, widow of Allen, the original record may provide more information.

            Marcia B.
          • rimimma49
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 26, 2012
              I think this is your people...the man that did this research died but he has this in the database on Find a grave

              http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=24679920

              --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "lillibridgej" <redfork@...> wrote:

              > Am searching for parents of Mercy (Marcy) Lillibridge who married Allen Tillinghast, 28 Aug 1817 in RI.
              > She reportedly was born in Stephentown, NY, 20 Jul 1798 and died in Coventry, 16 Mar 1882.
              > She was supposedly buried in the Plain House Meeting cemetery but I can't find that information confirmed in the RI Burials database.
              > Will appreicate any information.
              > John Lillibridge

            • rimimma49
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 26, 2012
                Marcy Tillinghast is in the Rhode Island Cemetery database

                http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rigenweb/Cemetery2/CemeteryT3.pdf

                --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "lillibridgej" <redfork@...> wrote:

                > Am searching for parents of Mercy (Marcy) Lillibridge who married Allen Tillinghast, 28 Aug 1817 in RI.
                > She reportedly was born in Stephentown, NY, 20 Jul 1798 and died in Coventry, 16 Mar 1882.
                > She was supposedly buried in the Plain House Meeting cemetery but I can't find that information confirmed in the RI Burials database.
                > Will appreicate any information.
                > John Lillibridge

              • rimimma49
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 26, 2012
                  Contact the Rhode Island State Archives they can pull her death record perhaps have her parents name on it

                  --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "lillibridgej" <redfork@...> wrote:
                  > contact the Rhode Island State archives they can pull her death record for you
                  > Am searching for parents of Mercy (Marcy) Lillibridge who married Allen Tillinghast, 28 Aug 1817 in RI.
                  > She reportedly was born in Stephentown, NY, 20 Jul 1798 and died in Coventry, 16 Mar 1882.
                  > She was supposedly buried in the Plain House Meeting cemetery but I can't find that information confirmed in the RI Burials database.
                  > Will appreicate any information.
                  > John Lillibridge

                • lillibridgej
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 26, 2012
                    Folks,
                    With the suggestions of several members I'v found that the Mercy Lillibridge was, in fact, a Tillinghast. Now if I can find the person who sent me down the wrong path, I'll be happy.
                    Thanx all.
                    John Lillibridge

                    --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "rimimma49" <rimimma49@...> wrote:

                    > I think this is your people...the man that did this research died but he has this in the database on Find a grave
                    >
                    > http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=24679920
                    >
                    > --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, "lillibridgej" <redfork@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Am searching for parents of Mercy (Marcy) Lillibridge who married Allen Tillinghast, 28 Aug 1817 in RI.
                    > > She reportedly was born in Stephentown, NY, 20 Jul 1798 and died in Coventry, 16 Mar 1882.
                    > > She was supposedly buried in the Plain House Meeting cemetery but I can't find that information confirmed in the RI Burials database.
                    > > Will appreicate any information.
                    > > John Lillibridge

                  • John Lillibridge
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 27, 2012
                      Marcia,
                      Many thanx - yes, she was a Tillinghast.
                      John
[...]

                      No virus found in this message.

                    • John Lillibridge
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 27, 2012