For Charles Rathburn

  • Arlan
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 10, 2012
      Charles, I have told you in the past that to type in all capital letters is considered rude and yelling, I have had some more complaints about you still doing this, if you continue I will remove you from this mail list

      Arlan Maguire
      List owner

    • Jim Fisher
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 11, 2012
        Charle - The old Walling maps show three possible residences/homesteads on Summit Rd. Littlefield, Pratt, and Richmond. There is a cemetery near Johnycake estates (Littlefield). -1970 history of Exeter. Jim Fisher

        On Nov 10, 2012, at 9:30 PM, Arlan wrote:

        Charles, I have told you in the past that to type in all capital letters is considered rude and yelling, I have had some more complaints about you still doing this, if you continue I will remove you from this mail list

        Arlan Maguire
        List owner

      • Cindy Clark
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 11, 2012
          Some of our older generation have trouble telling arthritic fingers to
          change case and are just lucky to be able to type. Tolerance is a virtue.

          Cindy Clark

        • rimimma49
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 11, 2012
            Some of us have not mastered our vision problems we have on our puters.....we are not some young kid yelling we are older adults with vision problems...Im sure this man is not yelling as I have glaucoma and some things I cant see when typing...perhaps if someone can tell Charles how to make his text bigger on his puter so he can see it better it would help him greatly...Please have patients with us elderly that are still learning modern technology........Than YOu

            --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, Jim Fisher <fish9111@...> wrote:

            > Charle - The old Walling maps show three possible residences/homesteads on Summit Rd. Littlefield, Pratt, and Richmond. There is a cemetery near Johnycake estates (Littlefield). -1970 history of Exeter. Jim Fisher
            >

            > On Nov 10, 2012, at 9:30 PM, Arlan wrote:
            >
            > Charles, I have told you in the past that to type in all capital letters is considered rude and yelling, I have had some more complaints about you still doing this, if you continue I will remove you from this mail list
            >
            > Arlan Maguire
            > List owner

          • K Rademacher
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 11, 2012
              Charles, If you are typing in capitals because it is easier for your
              fingers, and if you are using Microsoft Word, I think there is a command
              that converts text to lower-case. If it is for vision's sake, most
              computers have accessibility features that include a magnifier. I hope this
              helps.

              - Kim

              On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 11:40 AM, rimimma49 <rimimma49@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Some of us have not mastered our vision problems we have on our
              > puters.....we are not some young kid yelling we are older adults with
              > vision problems...Im sure this man is not yelling as I have glaucoma and
              > some things I cant see when typing...perhaps if someone can tell Charles
              > how to make his text bigger on his puter so he can see it better it would
              > help him greatly...Please have patients with us elderly that are still
              > learning modern technology........Than YOu
              >

              > --- In RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com, Jim Fisher <fish9111@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Charle - The old Walling maps show three possible residences/homesteads
              > on Summit Rd. Littlefield, Pratt, and Richmond. There is a cemetery near
              > Johnycake estates (Littlefield). -1970 history of Exeter. Jim Fisher
              > >

              > > On Nov 10, 2012, at 9:30 PM, Arlan wrote:
              > >
              > > Charles, I have told you in the past that to type in all capital letters
              > is considered rude and yelling, I have had some more complaints about you
              > still doing this, if you continue I will remove you from this mail list
              > >
              > > Arlan Maguire
              > > List owner

            • Linda Peloquin
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 11, 2012
                Not to sound flippant or smarty pants but those cheater magnifying glasses are available everywhere and are usually reasonably priced if not being able to see close-up/reading distance is the issue.

                I solved my problem of my arm being too short for reading by buying those magnifying glasses.  They're reasonably priced at Oceanstate Job Lot so I have them everywhere in the house and spares in the car just in case I forget my glasses in the house.

                At least I'll never be ticketed for texting & driving :D  If I were to put on my cheater glasses so I could see to text, I wouldn't be able to see where I was going - although given the traffic sometimes, that ignorance might be bliss.

                Linda