Olive A Henry Brothertown rejection 1901

  • samuel_cook2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31 12:21 PM
      Thanks for all of the help given me to locate my ancestors. I would like to know if anyone has information as to the reason Olive A Henry Brothertown application #2884 was rejected for funds on land purchased.
    • Nancy-Jo Nunez
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31 2:19 PM
        Hi there,
        Several years ago on the old site named NewWigwam.com, Virginia DeMarce, who
        worked for the BIA actually posted a topic on this subject, a few reasons
        for rejections were brought to light:

        1. The people who filed their applications, mixed up their ancestors when
        writing them on the application, confusing the generation that those
        ancestors' probably were born in...for instance.
        2. Another reason I think she mentioned is that some of the Brothertown
        people who migrated to New York, actually returned back to New England after
        the Brothertown Indians moved on to Wisconsin
        3. Others were not directly related as stated.

        I think those were the top 3 reasons, you might search google for the old,
        Newigwam site and search for Virginia DeMarce's name.

        I have the rejection report and thought I actually put the report on line in
        the Rhode Island Ancestors' database files, you might look for that but from
        what I noticed from the report itself, many of the ancestors noted on the
        applications were born in Rhode Island or CT, back to 1830 and were never up
        at Brothertown or weren't born on Brothertown lands in New York. Those were
        the primary reasons as I remember it.

        Good luck in your search and I'm glad my uploading of the applications were
        of help to you.

        Nancy-Jo Nunez

        Thanks for all of the help given me to locate my ancestors. I would like to
        know if anyone has information as to the reason Olive A Henry Brothertown
        application #2884 was rejected for funds on land purchased.

        Be sure to check and use the Files, Links, Photos, and Database features on
        your visits to our RI_Ancestors Web site There is a lot of information there
        and more being added daily

        For the benefit of those who cannot access our Yahoo site we have a Mirror
        site for the File, Links, and Databases