Re: [RI_Ancestors] Re: DNA Genealogy Discussion

  • Alan Clarke
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 22, 2012
      On 7/22/12 1:06 PM, Bonnie Weber wrote:

      > Do you have ant dates? There are many Greene Matteson's with other first names.
      > Bonnie
      Yes, and Greene Madison, from the Mattesons, who was a farmer in North
      Kingstown. Cole's History of Washington and Kent Counties says that his
      father, I believe, changed the spelling of the name. Long time since
      I've seen that book but it is online.
      > To: RI_Ancestors@yahoogroups.com
      > From: dkermode@...
      > Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 08:59:19 -0400
      > Subject: [RI_Ancestors] Re: DNA Genealogy Discussion
      >
      > Good Morning,
      >

      > Is the female DNA useful in any way to tie into the DNA proofs? I see there
      >
      > are used more but I don't understand how to read them. My brother passed
      >
      > away refusing to be tested, so unless I can convince a cousin to do so, I am
      >
      > out of luck. His mother and mine were sisters and I am not concerned about
      >
      > his father's line, I think.
      >

      > I would love to prove the Matteson line as I can find no proof except
      >
      > "common knowledge" of the children of Greene Matteson, born RI.
      >

      > Dee Kermode

    • Dee Kermode
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 23, 2012
        Thanks for all the reports on Greene Matteson...Boy, I must have been tired!
        I want to prove the Mattesons, Shippees and Whitfords, nut I have to go
        THRIGH Greene Whitford, born 1765 in RI, died 1816 somewhere west of Crown
        Point, NY

        Dee Kermode