Shannock purchase

  • ghostofdali
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2012
      Hi all,

      A while back I made a map based on the one found at the Tefft Papers webpage "the orphan". All these recent John Greene posts reminded me of it and I thought I'd share it with the group -- its accuracy is only as good as the original map (found in Westerly Land Evidences and nicely re-drawn by Tim Tefft) and keep in mind that it's several years later than the purchase itself so property has probably changed hands a bit since the purchase.

      You will find this file in the "Glen's goodies" folder on our group site that I made in anticipation of other curiosities that I may post there in the future. It's a composite of a contemporary (2010) satellite image and a USGS topographical map, with the original Shannock plot map overlayed.

      Enjoy,
      -Glen