Going farther back

  • r.boggan
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2012
      Would like some help from someone living and doing genealogical research in Rhode Island. My umteen great grandfather Nicholas Mias lived in Little Compton. One Tree says he was born there in 1688 and another said he came across in 1702. Where would one start/inquire an investigation to find which is right. Are immigrant name on a ships passengers list during this time? If so, were would one inquire. If someone was given land during this time, where would one inquire to when acquired and how acquired? If wanting to go back further in my research for this individual what would be a good next resource? As a novice genealogist, I would greatly appreciate some help here.
    • Jan Robison
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2012
        I found a few references on ancestry. Will email to you separately to your email.

        Maw