Database secton of the RI Ancestors Group

  • Nancy-Jo
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2012
      Hello everyone,
      I finally figured out how to type in the obituaries. I just posted 3-4 if anyone is interested. Go to Database, then under that is the section titled Obituaries. I have the jpegs of these as well.

      Ernest P. Onsley, Nellie Onsley, Mrs. Benjamin Onsley and a woman I don't know but was on the page to the Journal bulletin named Grace M. Foley.

      Enjoy.
      Nancy-Jo
    • Cindy Knight-Palazzo
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2012
        Seeing these obituary transcriptions, I'd like to confirm that it's OK, due to copyright issues, to upload digital images of obituaries that are published in newspapers. I'd like to add more to the Photos - obituary file.
        Thanks,

        Cindy

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2012
          Cindy,

          I know some newspapers are very particular, but for current editions. To be on the safe side? Contact the newspaper and ask permission. Other than that, I have no earthly idea how long the copyright is good for (lasts).

          Maw

            Message 5 of 6 , May 5, 2012
              I just wrote to the Providence Journal Bulletin where mine came from. Thanks Jan.

              Message 6 of 6 , May 30, 2012
                On the copyright issues and the obituaries, I checked with two sources: (1) the Providence Journal Bulletin, and they said for the purposes I'm doing with them, it's fine. (2) the Providence Public Library where I request obits I don't have, they too said it was fine for the purposes I'm using them for. What I'm doing is posting them to the RI Ancestors site, as I get them and also posting them in Find-A-Grave.

                Just wanted to get back to everyone on this list that had responded to my email query on it.

                Thanks.
                Nancy-Jo