1940 Census Providence - General observation on one small section of the city

  • miyukichan0987
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2012
      I've been browsing around the Public St. area & noticed that the enumerator noted in the left margin for some of the entries who actually supplied the information for a particular household.

      Wouldn't it have been great if all the enumerators across the country had been instructed to make these notations?

      BTW - 2010 when we went out to physically enumerate the addresses that hadn't responded to the census, information was collected on the respondent w/one of three answers: household memeber living there on 1 Apr, household member moved in after 1 Apr or neighbor or other proxy (i.e. landlord).